User Tag List

Friend wants me to jailbreak his phone for him. I've done this once before with a 3G on 3.1.2 or something, but of course he's upgraded to 4.0.2.

Back then I just downloaded blackra1n and was good to go. But according to the guide I have to flash a custom firmware via redsnow? Is this really the only way? I mean he has tons of apps and personalized stuff on here, really dont want to wipe it all out just to jailbreak. He doesnt need an unlock, he's an ATT customer.

What about jailbreakme.com or some other quick and easy way? Is there anything that can be done? I'm really worried about bricking his phone or having his iTunes force 4.1 on him next time he connects or some other garbage. All that stuff about saving SHSH blobs and bootroms etc, I really cant be bothered to deal with, it's his phone afterall.

So is there an easy way to do this?
    Last edited by Yosagi; 2010-11-23 at 02:37 PM.
    2010-11-23 02:35 PM
    You should just be able to use redsnow but point it to the 4.0 firmware when it asks. No need for a custom firmware if he doesn't need unlock though. You may want to think about updating it to 4.2.1 and usin the newest redsnow though as it will run better on a 3G than 4.0.2 will.
    2010-11-23 02:38 PM
    If you want to go that route. Just update, don't restore, in iTunes. It should keep all his stuff. Then download redsnow 0.9.6b4 and point it to 4.2.1 firmware.
    2010-11-23 02:40 PM
    redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4.ipodguy79.helper.zip
    download this and then get your new fermwear and this will work for you
    2010-11-23 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD