User Tag List

Hi,

I upgraded today from iOS4.0 to iOS4.3.2 and want to start from scratch without using the iTunes backup.
    Before upgrading I manually saved the "WhatsApp" Folder which contains:

Documents
    Library
    WhatsApp.app
    iTunesArtwork
    iTunesMetadata.plist

After reinstalling Whatsapp with itunes i also restored the above files (I've also tried "documents" and "library only) but whenever I launnch Whatsapp, it crashes after a couple of seconds. Without manual restore of the backuped files, Whatsapp works just fine. For the 3-4 sec before the crash I can see all my conversations with my contacts, only the contact images are missing.

Anyone with an idea what I do wrong?
    2011-04-22 08:18 PM
    It doesn't always work the way you think, copy a couple of files and put it back, there is more to it.
    If you have time , try this , do a restore to 4.3.2, jailbreak it first and only then do a backup restore with itunes. When you install Whatsapp, all the infos will be back on the apps and so are other apps which you have been using.
    2011-04-23 03:12 PM
    Would like an answer to this as well
    2011-04-23 05:20 PM
    Don’t worry, it’s pretty simple to get back your chat history on your phone. WhatsApp automatically makes daily backups of your data and stores them on your phone. You can recover the most recent backup by WhatsApp Chat History Recovery.
    2013-09-10 09:03 AM
    Donít worry, itís pretty simple to get back your chat history on your phone. WhatsApp automatically makes daily backups of your data and stores them on your phone. You can recover the most recent backup by WhatsApp Chat History Recovery.
    Think that's only in the most versions...?
    2013-09-15 08:06 AM
    I have the same problem , I flow your steps :
    1- I install the whatsapp.
    2- I copy the two folders "documents + Library".

My problem is I don't know how can I put the permissions to "mobile [501]"

can you help me to restore my chat history please
    put any image for your solution .

Thanks again
    Read more: How to Recover WhatsApp Chat History on iPhone
    Last edited by karlbin; 2014-03-12 at 03:29 AM.
    2013-12-10 01:51 AM

thanks again
    Or you can try an utility called Backuptrans iPhone WhatsApp Transfer to load chats from your backup and restore them back to your iphone. It works.
    Last edited by Meginos; 2014-04-08 at 08:07 AM.
    2014-01-22 04:00 AM

thanks again

Have a look here: http://bit.ly/KEVG60
    2014-01-22 01:27 PM
    Nice answer, but are you aware of the fact, that this thread is almost year and a half old?
    2015-04-20 09:23 AM
    Hello, I suggest you try iPhone Trasnfer to get back your chat history. This is a wonderful tool from RecoveryAndroid. You can run the program on computer. When it detects your iPhone, select your backup and transfer WhatsApp files to iPhone.
    Last edited by raynaunton; 2016-04-26 at 04:29 AM.
    2016-04-25 07:34 AM
    1 through Google drive You can transfer your WhatsApp data to a new phone by restoring from Google Drive or a local backup.

In order to successfully restore a Google Drive backup, you need to use the same phone number and Google account used to create the backup.

To restore your backup:

Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
    Open WhatsApp and verify your number.
    When prompted, tap RESTORE to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
    After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT. Your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
    WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files after your chats are restored.
    If you install WhatsApp without any prior backups from Google Drive, WhatsApp will automatically restore from your local backup file.

Restore from a local backup
    If you want to use a local backup, you'll need to transfer the files to the new phone using a computer, file explorer or SD Card.

Note:

Your phone will store up to the last seven days worth of local backup files.
    Local backups will be automatically created every day at 2:00 AM and saved as a file in your phone.
    If your data isn't stored in the /sdcard/WhatsApp/ folder, you might see "internal storage" or "main storage" folders.
    Restore a less recent local backup
    If you want to restore a local backup that isn't the most recent one, you'll need to do the following:

Download a file manager app.
    In the file manager app, navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases. If your data isn't stored on the SD card, you might see "internal storage" or "main storage" instead of sdcard.
    Rename the backup file you want to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. It's possible that an earlier backup might be on an earlier protocol, such as crypt9 or crypt10. Don't change the number of the crypt extension.
    Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
    Tap RESTORE when prompted.

2 through third party app If you are having trouble restoring WhatsApp backups from Google Drive, you can use this GBWhatsApp Apk third party app to restore WhatsApp backups.

Install this app create an account with another number, do not use the number on which you already have a WhatsApp account, because if you do so, your WhatsApp account will be closed. after creating an account This app will let you know that do you want to restore your old WhatsApp backup, then you have to click on the OK button and your WhatsApp backup will be restored in this app....
    2020-10-13 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD