Hi, I need some advice.

I just got a replacement iPhone 4 yesterday-so I lost my SHSHs even though I have them saved for my old phone, right? (Had been on 4.2.1 Greenpoison but my camera was malfunctioning and the noise canceling mic stopped working, so I had to take it in). This new phone's on 4.3.1.

Should I JB w/Redsnow on 4.3.1, and if so, can I do that without restoring? Do I need to DL the ipsw for 4.3.1 anyway since the phone was handed to me on 4.3.1 and I don't have that ipsw on my computer? And can I use the very latest RedSnow or do I need to use an older one? Or should I wait to update to stock 4.3.3 normally, and then jb when the 4.3.3 untethered is available? I'm a little scared to try to upgrade to 4.3.2 custom because I tried to do something similar with an earlier ios on my old iPhone 3G that I gave to my brother, and I just could not get it to work. But that may very well have been user error.

Any advice is appreciated. I've heard bad things about 4.3.1 but I don't know how widespread they are. I didn't have too many problems with JB 4.1 and 4.2.1 on limerain and greenpoison, but RedSnow seems more complicated to me with having to use the ipsw. I'm a relative noob so thanks for reading this far!

Thanks to anyone who has insight or advice, I really don't know what to do and the ultimate goal is to have to deal with iTunes/plugging my phone into my PC as little as possible. I have two 5+ yo Windows xp machines so the process of upgrading, restoring, and/or jailbreaking is a PITA because of frequent driver errors or 16xx restore errors. So I try to do it as little as possible, especially bc if something goes snafu during the process and I'm stuck in a recovery or boot loop on occasion I even have to bring it to work to get it fixed bc my computer sucks that bad. I pretty much only use them for backup/storage and running a webcam so I can watch my kitties from work. But I am dying on a stock phone, I want my grooveshark, infinidock and infinifolders back!

Thanks,

Jenn
    2011-05-11 12:02 AM
    4.3.3 is untethered already redsn0w0.9.6rc16
    2011-05-11 12:04 AM
    D'oh! I don't know how I was unaware of that, thank you! Been dealing with a sick kitty who I had to put to sleep (she had cancer but made it to 18) so in the past month I've really fallen out of touch with what's going on in JBland, and I guess the news in general.

Will update to 4.3.3 and give it a go. Thank you!
    2011-05-11 12:16 AM
    sorry about the cat, my favorite animal and your welcome
    2011-05-11 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD