I know well that if you have a jailbroken phone you cant reset it from the phone. You have to restore the phone via computer so cydia is removed correctly.

Anyways a guy was selling me a phone, and as he pulled up hes telling me how he jailbroke it and now just waiting for it to reset.

Instantly I knew it was done for and was regretful to inform him, but basically told him he can either give it to me that way for cheaper, or find himself a solution.

He is completely stumped (it was his GFs phone so she isnt happy), so I figured id offer some help since I feel its half my fault.

Anyways like I said he bricked it by resetting it via phone.

I think I can just do an official restore on itunes and it should work right?

I just do not want to proceed and brick it farther
    2011-05-12 06:09 PM
    An official restore to 3.1.3 will get it back to normal. If unlocking is not important than going to 4.2.1 will fix it up as well. 3.1.3 is probably most optimal for that particular device, but both 4.2.1 and 3.1.3 can be restored to without SHSHs and are fully untethered jailbreakable.

Edit: Oh by the way, if it has the iPad baseband, for 4.2.1 you must you a custom firmware. You may use a stock firmware for 3.1.3 though just bc TinyUmbrella can kick it out of recovery mode after error 1015 on this firmware version. It can't do the same for 4.2.1 though.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-05-12 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-12 10:00 PM
    Do a resore on computer then it will be alright did it on mine
    2011-05-12 10:04 PM
    thanks for reply, but I got impatient and just did a restore from itunes, and that worked
    2011-05-13 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD