Hello!!!

First of all, sorry for my English...

I want to customize my custom firmware. I want to add some packages from Cydia to the Custom firmwares that I create with PwnageTool/Sn0wbreeze. I know both of them have the option to add custom packages, but I have tried several times with no success, the custom is created without the packages I added.

I have been reading in the web, I tried to add bundles to PwnageTool and tried to add manually packages to Sn0wbreeze instead of download from the repo. No success.

I found one possible solution: open the ipsw and add the deb packages to the route "var/root/media/cydia/autoinstall". I tell you all the process:
    - Rename the ipsw to zip
    - Unzip it and I get a Folder with 2 dmg archives and others.
    - The dmg with >600Mb is the important dmg. It's read only, so I have to convert it to Read/write, what I did with terminal in MacOS several times and with TransMac in Windows twice. I add the packages to the route and again conver the dmg to read only (with terminal or TransMac)
    - I copy the dmg back to the folder and zip the content of the folder. When it's compressed, rename again to ipsw and tried to restore (with iReb/Pwnagetool). But itunes always gives me "Error 14".

I am pretty sure my mistake is in the "process" of dmg archive. Does anyone knows how it can be done? Please!!!

Nobody can help?
    Last edited by PEDIATRUCHO; 2011-05-14 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-14 09:48 AM
    I don't think that it's an error on your part, but more a glitch in PwnageTool. Any pre-installed jailbreak software won't appear in Cydia's database as installed (or isn't installed on the system with dpkg, haven't determined which yet).

Case in point: I've had this error myself, and I think it's a persistent bug in PT/iOS.
    2011-05-14 11:56 PM
    Asked twice to MuscleNerd and iH8sn0w about this issue in Pwnage and Snowbreeze, bur they didn't answer me... They never answer this things, only stupid things...
    2011-05-15 10:01 AM
    I am using pwnage tool a lot and have to manually add my packages after the restore/jailbreak. Do you suggest staying with this method as opposed to trying to preload Packages? It's tedious, but it seems to be the most solid way at this time... Is this true?

Thanks for the info again

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2011-05-15 07:32 PM
    I am using pwnage tool a lot and have to manually add my packages after the restore/jailbreak. Do you suggest staying with this method as opposed to trying to preload Packages? It's tedious, but it seems to be the most solid way at this time... Is this true?

Thanks for the info again

That or using a program like PkgBackup on Cydia. I'm cheap so I manually load stuff on there (but that's just me).
    2011-05-16 06:14 AM
    That or using a program like PkgBackup on Cydia. I'm cheap so I manually load stuff on there (but that's just me).

It's seems custom packages are too buggy. I'll stick with what you said, which is what I do, pretty much for the same reason.

2011-05-18 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD