Yep.. Been using the same software for over a year now, 3.1.2 jailbreak, been very happy with it, but I think its time to upgrade, How do I do it without ruining my phone? Is there a CURRENT jailbreak out that i can use netflix etc with? My software is so old it wont let me, 4.0 + i think it says, So question is,

What programs do i need, and what precautions do i need to take so i dont brick my phone. thank you (: (: (:
    2011-05-14 12:00 AM
    Yep.. Been using the same software for over a year now, 3.1.2 jailbreak, been very happy with it, but I think its time to upgrade, How do I do it without ruining my phone? Is there a CURRENT jailbreak out that i can use netflix etc with? My software is so old it wont let me, 4.0 + i think it says, So question is,

What programs do i need, and what precautions do i need to take so i dont brick my phone. thank you (: (: (:
    Your best option (in my opinion) would be to use PwnageTool (preferred) or sn0wbreeze to make a custom IPSW firmware file for your iPhone (4.3.3 is untethered with PT version 4.3.3.1), and restore to that from Pwned DFU mode. Your baseband will be preserved, and your iPhone will restore itself into a jailbroken state.
    2011-05-14 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD