Hello.
    I have some questions on how the iPhone sync works.

I'm currently running jailbroken 4.2.1 on an IPhone4 and would like to upgrade to 4.3.3. Personally I would like to do a factory reset on the device but then I would have to restore all my contacts, email settings which would probably take hours. So, I have a few questions..

How does an iOS update work? (Does iTunes do a factory restore and then syncs my data back on the device? Or, does iTunes just copy the updated files onto my device leaving personal settings as is?)

Is it possible to do a factory restore and then have iTunes retore all my settings on the clean device?

What is the recommended way to solve this?

Thanks!
    2011-05-15 01:58 PM
    Hello.
    I have some questions on how the iPhone sync works.

I'm currently running jailbroken 4.2.1 on an IPhone4 and would like to upgrade to 4.3.3. Personally I would like to do a factory reset on the device but then I would have to restore all my contacts, email settings which would probably take hours. So, I have a few questions..

How does an iOS update work? (Does iTunes do a factory restore and then syncs my data back on the device? Or, does iTunes just copy the updated files onto my device leaving personal settings as is?)

Is it possible to do a factory restore and then have iTunes retore all my settings on the clean device?

What is the recommended way to solve this?

Thanks!
    I'd recommend staying on iOS 4.2.1, it is awesome! Besides the "locationgate" scandal, I don't think it's worth updating! Greenpois0n jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 has been the easiest & least buggy off them all. Sure iOS 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2 & 4.3.3 are all great but 4.2.1 is kick-*****. If ur worried about Apple using the location info stored on ur iPhone don't, just install "untrackerd or Clean Up" in Cydia to delete the consolidated.db file where the info is stored.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2011-05-15 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD