I have an iphone4, recently JB to 4.3.3 using sn0wbreeze, and now I notice that the battery is draining much faster than before. prior, I also had JB using jailbreakme.com, and was on 4.0.1, BB-01.59.00.
    any help would greatly be appreciated.
    2011-05-16 07:15 PM
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4 using PWNAGE Tool

Firmware is at 4.3.3 and I notice that the battery drains more that before.

I have never had a problem with earlier jailbreaks.

I use to be able to go 2 days before charging and now I have to charge every night.

I don't know whether its the 4.3.3 firmware or the jailbreak that has caused this.

I as you would like to know if there is a fix coming.
    2011-05-16 07:46 PM
    Try re-jailbreak without Hacktivation option (you will need original carrier sim with or without service).

Jailbroken with Hacktivation option may cause battery drain and slow start up at power on.
    2011-05-16 08:32 PM
    Try re-jailbreak without Hacktivation option (you will need original carrier sim with or without service).

Jailbroken with Hacktivation option may cause battery drain and slow start up at power on.
    I did not use Hacktivation, never have as I have AT&T.

I don't know if bmarkoff did or not.
    2011-05-16 09:32 PM

That strange, mostly Hacktivation and/or ultrasn0w are the most common cause of battery drain.

My 4.3.3 was first jailbroken (sn0wbreeze 2.7.3) with Hacktivation option, the battery only last for 1 1/2 day. After re-jailbroken without Hacktivation, now it last for 3 1/2 days.
    2011-05-16 11:09 PM
    Did you restore your iPhone from a backup following the PwnageTool firmware restore? That is also known to cause battery problems.

--As an aside: The iPhone 4 has been rather thirsty for battery consumption on 4.3.x firmwares in my experience, probably in no small part due to new features like Personal Hotspot and "features" like ASLR. 4.3.3 is a bit better than the other 4.3.x firmware in terms of drain, but it's still there.
    2011-05-16 11:23 PM
    Did you restore your iPhone from a backup following the PwnageTool firmware restore? That is also known to cause battery problems.

--As an aside: The iPhone 4 has been rather thirsty for battery consumption on 4.3.x firmwares in my experience, probably in no small part due to new features like Personal Hotspot and "features" like ASLR. 4.3.3 is a bit better than the other 4.3.x firmware in terms of drain, but it's still there.
    When I jailbroke with PWNAGE Tool I set up the iPhone 4 as new then did a restore from backup.

As that can cause problems I don't really know as the backup was from 4.3.1 and I didn't have any problems with it at 4.3.1 which was done with PWNAGE Tool also.

I have never had a battery drain problem except one time and it was because of an app which when removed I had no problems.

I have always jailbroke this iPhone with PWNAGE Tool starting at 4.0 and this is the first time for the battery drain problem.

As far as the Personal Hot Spots' I do not use. I'm either on 3g or wifi at home.
    2011-05-17 12:15 AM

After I did the JB, which was not with hacktivation(as I have an AT&T sim), I did a restore from back up. then I restored all my Cydia tweaks, etc. using PKGbackup, which seemed to go just fine. so now my battery is draining much faster than previously. I am not currently using hotspot or anything different than before.

Also, additional issue - the Mobile Terminal does not work. I wanted to go in and change the root password, but when I start Mobile Terminal, it opens for a second, then closes. any thoughts ??
    2011-05-17 01:02 AM
    After I did the JB, which was not with hacktivation(as I have an AT&T sim), I did a restore from back up. then I restored all my Cydia tweaks, etc. using PKGbackup, which seemed to go just fine. so now my battery is draining much faster than previously. I am not currently using hotspot or anything different than before.

Also, additional issue - the Mobile Terminal does not work. I wanted to go in and change the root password, but when I start Mobile Terminal, it opens for a second, then closes. any thoughts ??
    Exactly what I did.

Check PM
    2011-05-17 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD