I'm having issues with the wifi after using PdaNet, it literally died, it wont join my wireless network anymore, tried reseting router. I even restored through ireb and now I realized I'm stuck with an locked iphone 3g (4.2.1) cos I cannot use wifi to get ultrasnow. Any suggestions? At least to get ultrasn0w installed

Nevermind, I found a guide to install ultrasn0w. But any ideas on how to fix the wifi?
    Last edited by bikerutzu; 2011-05-21 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-21 02:27 AM
    Is your iPhone in a normal, working state (except for Wi-Fi... as in, can you access the Settings app)?

If your IMEI number (Settings -> General -> About) is 004999010640000, or if it (along with MAC address, baseband version, and/or ICCID) are blank, then you likely have a hardware failure in your phone.

If those numbers are all there, and Wi-Fi isn't greyed out and is detecting your Wi-Fi network, start by trying to reset your network settings (Settings -> General -> Reset).
    2011-05-21 06:52 AM
    I did reset it more than one time before restoring, the wifi is not greyed out nor the address is messed up, it just cannot join wireless networks. :<
    2011-05-21 09:49 AM
    I did reset it more than one time before restoring, the wifi is not greyed out nor the address is messed up, it just cannot join wireless networks. :<
    Okay. Try the package "Fix Wi-Fi" from the Cydia repository Cydia.pushfix.info (free).

If that doesn't do it... well... I'm kinda out of ideas at the moment (aside from restore the firmware to stock and try to get a replacement phone from Apple).
    2011-05-21 10:19 AM
    Sadly it didn't fix it, do you reckon downgrading to 3.1.3 will do the trick?
    2011-05-21 01:22 PM
    Bump
    2011-05-23 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD