Ive tried the downgrade but it wont work for me it says " The ipod "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured. (-14)"

Can some one help me plz.
    2007-09-30 10:22 PM
    2007-09-30 10:48 PM
    I tried that but it still says the same thing?
    2007-10-01 12:13 AM
    its fine you hold both buttons for 10 secs then let go of power keep holding home button wait till its reconized then hold shift on pc and option an mac and click restor and pick file 1.0.2 and it will restore it will say an error its normal hit ok and then run app tap (installer.app) and it will bring the phone to the activation thing were it says slide for emergency. thire

be sure to click the thanks button!!
    iphone? uphone?
    2007-10-01 01:09 AM
    its fine you hold both buttons for 10 secs then let go of power keep holding home button wait till its reconized then hold shift on pc and option an mac and click restor and pick file 1.0.2 and it will restore it will say an error its normal hit ok and then run app tap (installer.app) and it will bring the phone to the activation thing were it says slide for emergency. thire

be sure to click the thanks button!!
    this is the same thing zoidberg md gave me it says the same thing
    2007-10-01 05:19 AM
    Ive tried the downgrade but it wont work for me it says " The ipod "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured. (-14)"

Can some one help me plz.
    I think its only me and you with this error

After the iphone boots while still holding down the home button it says extracting files also the usb device on the bottom pops up and says recovery iphone.
    than all of a sudden that error pops?
    tried all methods posted everywhere samething?

Also tried on 2 pc both Xp exact error on both it seems when it starts recovery somthing happens.

Thanks $ and good luck donding
    Niko
    2007-10-01 06:50 AM
    I think its only me and you with this error

After the iphone boots while still holding down the home button it says extracting files also the usb device on the bottom pops up and says recovery iphone.
    than all of a sudden that error pops?
    tried all methods posted everywhere samething?

Also tried on 2 pc both Xp exact error on both it seems when it starts recovery somthing happens.

Thanks $ and good luck donding
    Niko
    this suks but if i find out a way to do it ill tell you
    2007-10-02 03:31 AM
    this suks but if i find out a way to do it ill tell you
    I finally did it first I was using my laptop that had iTunes 7.3.1 than I read that you can do it with 7.3.2 so I installed 7.3.2 but nothing same error (-14) also it would say you need 7.4 iTunes.

Next the phone pluged with itunes(7.3.2)loaded I turned off phone in off I did 10sec (home/power) than 10sec (home) and put the phone in recovery itunes gave error (-8) shut down iTunes and restarted iTunes same error.
    I on plug phone and dock it in my other PC with latest iTunes (not loaded also phone still in recovery mode havent touched phone) I started iTunes and it you needed to recover your iPhone no error so clicked shift+restore everything went great.
    Than ran AppTapp had to run twice after that Pacay no service tho but till fix comes out we have iTouch atleast.

Hope it works for you also
    Thanks,
    Niko

edit: here is the link METHOD C: http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/ind...1.1.1_to_1.0.2
    Last edited by liontos; 2007-10-02 at 07:16 AM.
    2007-10-02 07:09 AM
    OK finally figured out have restored or recovered multiple times

First start iTunes any version dock iphone

Now put it in recovery mode (hold both 10sec and release power button)

Now itunes gives error ( The ipod "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured. (-14) )

Now leave itune running & leave in recovery mode just unplug from dock & dock it.

iTunes should work and you'll be able to recover with no problem.

NIKO
    2007-10-04 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD