hey guys..

i'm thinking of putting an eBook together.

everything you need to know about Jailbreaking.

- what's the best Jailbreak for your device
    - what to do if/when it goes wrong
    - the fundementals of jailbreaking
    - how to downgrade
    - how to create custom FW

this thing will answer any question, like how to i install the iPad baseband on my 3gs? the pro's and cons, and what to do if i need to restore?

it'll cover:

- SHSH and Tiny Umbrella
    - The best tools
    - Cydia in detail
    - do's and don't of jailbreaking.

i want this to be a one stop shop for nOOBs, pro's and just about everyone.

I'd love tpo get the ModMyi seal of approval on this thing, and i'm gonna need help writing it.

it'll be a free download, ideally in PDF format, and it will be regularly updated.

so, i'm calling all iPhone pro's - let's create something unique.
    take all the knowledge of ModMyI members, the little hints, tips and solutions, and put it in one place - The Jailbreak Bible.

i look forward to seeing who wants to get involved!
    2011-06-02 04:30 PM
    Hey there

I think that yours is a novel idea, so kudos to you buddy.
    Just be aware that this book will be no slouch, and in order to do it and
    its future readers justice - it will have to be very thorough and as easy a read
    as possible for the average joe. it'l be painstaking work, but for a great cause.

Lastly, I would also suggest that you consider making it an application,
    or (if you lack the know how), compile it as an ebook and hand it off to someone
    who can make it into a killer app.

Best of luck, and keep it up.

Rainz
    2011-06-02 04:54 PM
    Hey there

I think that yours is a novel idea, so kudos to you buddy.
    Just be aware that this book will be no slouch, and in order to do it and
    its future readers justice - it will have to be very thorough and as easy a read
    as possible for the average joe. it'l be painstaking work, but for a great cause.

Lastly, I would also suggest that you consider making it an application,
    or (if you lack the know how), compile it as an ebook and hand it off to someone
    who can make it into a killer app.

Best of luck, and keep it up.

Rainz

i was thinming the same, be awesome to have as an app! or even a desktop application...

i need people behind me...it's a great chance to give something back!

ideally i need another 4 people, and i'm gonna need to pumnp some cash in, so i'll set up a paypal donations page maybe (if we're to go down the app road)

this CAN be done, and it WILL work!
    2011-06-02 05:54 PM
    Just my opinion but due to the fact that Apple releases several firmwares a year and at least 2 new devices a year and there are several new jailbreak applications a year... etc.... that your book would be relevant for all of 3 months before it's outdated and would have to be revised. People would buy your book and realize they have a new device or firmware than what yours covers and be pissed. Either that or you would have to constantly update it which is a pain in the butt.
    2011-06-02 06:32 PM
    Just my opinion but due to the fact that Apple releases several firmwares a year and at least 2 new devices a year and there are several new jailbreak applications a year... etc.... that your book would be relevant for all of 3 months before it's outdated and would have to be revised. People would buy your book and realize they have a new device or firmware than what yours covers and be pissed. Either that or you would have to constantly update it which is a pain in the butt.

as you'll see in the post, the book is free and not for sale. it's a free download for all!

having said that, in reply to you convern over updates, firmwares are released periodically yes, but people still rely heavily on older firmwares and tools.

Just this morning i had to downgrade an iPhone 3G on 4.1.2 back to 3.1.3 - then use Tiny umbrella to kick out of recovery as i'm using the iPad basedband.

How did i get the iPad baseband on there?
    How did i restore back to 3.1.3?
    what's Tiny Umbrella?

All these questions will still be asked even when iOS 5 is released, and i intend to have it in ONE place.

One interactive guide with no nonsense.

it will explain everything in detail for all to understand!

and it's FREE!

updating the content is not the problem, getting it off the ground is!
    2011-06-02 06:41 PM
    Have at it then. Seems like a lot of work for something that's free and people will end up coming to places like this anyways when they can't quite figure it out
    2011-06-02 07:35 PM
    Have at it then. Seems like a lot of work for something that's free and people will end up coming to places like this anyways when they can't quite figure it out

well that's the thing, i'm hoping people from here will help create it! it means people won't have to crawl through forums and ask the same questions 50 times.

hey, it's just an idea
    2011-06-02 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD