My friend has an iPhone 3GS ( firmware 4.2.1 ) and it's the new bootrom. Well he changed his phone unlock code , and forgot it , and now his phone is locked and needs to be restored. But one problem , when I jailbroke his phone to unlock it , I needed to use the iPad baseband ( 06.15 I believe ) . So how do I restore the phone and have a jailbreak and unlock ? I really need help here. Thanks a million.

Also I have access to Mac OSX and Windows 7
    Last edited by OMG_Its_EoinD; 2011-06-18 at 10:09 AM.
    2011-06-18 09:30 AM
    My friend has an iPhone 3GS ( firmware 4.2.1 ) and it's the new bootrom. Well he changed his phone unlock code , and forgot it , and now his phone is locked and needs to be restored. But one problem , when I jailbroke his phone to unlock it , I needed to use the iPad baseband ( 06.15 I believe ) . So how do I restore the phone and have a jailbreak and unlock ? I really need help here. Thanks a million.

Also I have access to Mac OSX and Windows 7
    Make a custom IPSW with PwnageTool (4.2.1 only if you have SHSH blobs saved with Cydia, otherwise 4.3.3) without any baseband upgrades in it (i.e., don't check "enable baseband update" or "upgrade to iPad baseband"), and restore to it via Pwned DFU and iTunes.

That'll take care of that.

NOTE: I am assuming this is really your friend's iPhone. If you know or have reason to believe this phone is lost or stolen property, please do the right thing and turn the phone into the proper authorities (the carrier it's on, Apple, law enforcement, et cetera). What goes around comes around...
    2011-06-18 11:18 AM
    Let's hope that if it was stolen that it is reported
    Arthur "Goof"
    [email protected]

RIP Steve Jobs.
    2011-06-18 11:30 AM
    Thanks a lot guys. This is really my friends phone ( well my neighbour to be exact ) BTW. I jailbroke his phone as he needed an unlock. And then he locked his phone. He is only like 12/13 and he said he changed his PIN because his mom knew it and he couldn't remember it :-/ So I was put in charge by his mom to fix it as if I hadn't jailbroken it , it could have been restored in iTunes :L and I had no idea how to do it :S :L

I'm really being genuine here ^_^ I have the same phone/firmware but I never upgraded mine but I will for IOS 5 I think.

Thanks a million guys
    2011-06-18 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD