Hey I have an iPhone 3GS on firmware 4.3.3 that got stuck on the boot logo.
    I dont even know what caused it but I was texting someone and i pressed the home button and it froze. Thinking "Oh restarting it will probably fix it" I did a hard reset. When booted up it just got stuck on the apple logo with a spinning circle, and it also got really hot. So I went into the console to see what was wrong and seems like the springboard isn't loading up properly, Something about mobilewatchdog and then it crashes and after 4 crashes my iPhone restarts. I have already tried to restore it to the two firmwares I have SHSH blobs with (4.1,4.3.3) And no luck. And whenever I try to restore to a default firmware from iTunes I get error 1015 because my baseband isn't correct i'm assuming ( yes I made sure it was talking to apple on the default attempts). I was reading the stickied thread on how to fix /sbin and I thought maybe I could do something similar with except with the files for the springboard. Anybody got any advice on how to get it into working order?
    2011-06-18 07:05 PM
    Were your restores started from DFU mode?

1015 from iTunes is the expected behavior if you have a mismatched baseband (e.g., a higher number--so if you have the iPad baseband, or were on 05.16.02 and were trying to restore to iOS 4.1 which is 05.14.01), but this can be avoided using a custom firmware or TinyUmbrella's FixRecovery tool.

--Anyway, I'd still recommend a restore to a fresh custom firmware (4.1 or 4.3.3, your choice) from Pwned DFU.
    2011-06-19 08:18 AM
    Were your restores started from DFU mode?

1015 from iTunes is the expected behavior if you have a mismatched baseband (e.g., a higher number--so if you have the iPad baseband, or were on 05.16.02 and were trying to restore to iOS 4.1 which is 05.14.01), but this can be avoided using a custom firmware or TinyUmbrella's FixRecovery tool.

--Anyway, I'd still recommend a restore to a fresh custom firmware (4.1 or 4.3.3, your choice) from Pwned DFU.
    Thank you for your help. I finally figured it out. For anyone who has the same problem as me which is that during the boot it says the springboard is corrupted, then it probably has to do with the inside of your iphone NOT the firmware. I tried booting it up without ribbons 1,2, and 3 attached and it booted up just fine then I plugged them in one by one to see which one was faulty ( Ribbon 3 ) then just left it unplugged. Im going to have to get a new LCD soon :/
    2011-06-19 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD