User Tag List

Can I get experiences of how people has had success of either downgrading bb after downgrading firmware from 111 to 102 or successfully using modem firmware 4.0... to make calls/surf on EDGE?

I am having no luck with either.

I understand the dev team is working on that but there seem to be a lot of people claiming they got it all working.
    2007-10-01 03:45 AM
    Can I get experiences of how people has had success of either downgrading bb after downgrading firmware from 111 to 102 or successfully using modem firmware 4.0... to make calls/surf on EDGE?

I am having no luck with either.

I understand the dev team is working on that but there seem to be a lot of people claiming they got it all working.
    Unlocked under 1.0.2, using AT&T and Rogers SIMS
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 and bricked
    Downgraded to 1.0.2
    Now jailbroken, have iPod, WIFI, 3rd party apps, ringtones and skins but no GSM services (SMS, Phone, EDGE)
    Attempts to restore (downgrade) the baseband have failed

Waiting on the Dev Team to work their magic
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette
    2007-10-01 04:00 AM
    i would really like to hear a success story as well. I wouldnt be surprised if i saw a post by pf on the home page about how the dev team is releasing a bbupdater or "bbdowngrader" before we saw some true succes stories.
    2007-10-01 05:20 AM
    I am praying for something like this to happen preety soon, I am tired of having the most expensive Ipod Because that is the only thing i can do with it!!!!!
    2007-10-06 04:42 AM
    Downgraded to 1.0.2
    Now jailbroken, have iPod, WIFI, 3rd party apps, ringtones and skins but no GSM services (SMS, Phone, EDGE)

im in the same boat man, damn...i got a 300 4gb ipod with internet

i want my phone back
    2007-10-07 01:20 AM
    Downgraded to 1.0.2

WHY DID YOU UPGRADE? WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU DID,I DONT GET YOU OR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT UPGRADE WHY?
    2007-10-07 01:49 AM
    I updated by mistake. I didnt know better. I wish i could go back, but now is too late i will have to wait until the Dev team finalize the project....
    2007-10-07 02:01 AM
    Same! here i Upgrade by mistake i tough i was restoring to 1.0.2 but then when i realize that i just restored but with the v1.1.1 i was freaking piss wheres Apple Time Machine Now huh?? now i have a $500 dollar ipod touch....
    2007-10-07 08:36 AM
    Same here...One of my friend upgraded it by mistake. And now i have downgraded the firmware but cant make the phone work. Everything is functional except the phone
    2007-10-07 09:43 AM
    Its Sucks to be us right now huh?
    (/)EMESIS
    2007-10-07 09:54 AM
    Its Sucks to be us right now huh?
    Indeed it does, I don't have a backup phone so im paying the bill for a phone i can't use
    2007-10-07 04:48 PM
    i would really like to hear a success story as well. I wouldnt be surprised if i saw a post by pf on the home page about how the dev team is releasing a bbupdater or "bbdowngrader" before we saw some true succes stories.
    Any "success" stories you hear are BS. The 1.1.1 modem firmware hasn't been cracked. Even if you downgrade to 1.0.2, it doesn't downgrade the 1.1.1 modem firmware. When it's been cracked, it'll be all over the net, believe me.
    2007-10-07 05:25 PM
    Can someone with a version 1.1.1 phone list their modem firmware for me: Find it at Settings > General > About

Scroll to bottom to find Modem Firmware

THANKS!
    2007-10-07 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD