I'm lying here in Turkey, affordable desperate that my cell phone clicked a little while ago. This has happened 3 times in a year.
    The first time I held both buttons and pressed pressed down some times, and it suddenly worked again.

What has happened: The mobile phone froze. (everything froze, could not turn it off or anything) then i held the buttons in and it went into safe mode. After i tryed to push the buttons like before, is it now that I Must connect to iTunes when I turn it on.

Most likely I have to "restore" it when I connect it to my PC at home on Friday morning when I get home?

The problem is that I have a lot of pictures from this holliday I realy want to keep! Is there any way to Save this? The mobile phone is jailbroken. Some program to extract files? Hope someone can save me Here ....
    2011-06-30 05:53 PM
    Do you happen to have OpenSSH from Cydia installed?

Here's something to try before you restore. Get the program on your computer called TinyUmbrella and try using the "Exit Recovery Mode" option. If that doesn't work, try Recboot as well.
    2011-06-30 09:11 PM
    Yes, i have openSSH installed on my phone.
    Is there somthing more i can do, since i have this installed?

This is so wierd, becauce this has happend 3 times before,
    But then i just pushed and hold the buttons in different ways, and suddenly the phone started working.. But not now..

I will try this program.. But is there different versions of this program? Just Google it and download the first one i find? Is it hard to use?

I am so frustraded... It is so many good pictures and stuff on this phone i really need :/ ...
    2011-06-30 09:27 PM
    Well try those programs to get your phone out of recovery mode. That will let you access your phone again if it works. If it doesn't work, you'll want to SSH into your phone to retrieve your photos and whatever else you need.

Do you know how to SSH into your phone?
    2011-06-30 09:32 PM
    What versions of TinyUmbrella do i need to use?
    Is it just to plug my iPhone to the computer and press "exit recoverymode"?

I can maby find a computer on this hotel..

I now how to ssh on wierless network, not with cable?
    2011-06-30 09:56 PM
    You can just get the latest version of tinyumbrella at thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.con

To SSH you can download iFunBox and just basically plug your phone in and access your stuff assuming you have OpenSSH and afc2add installed. Afc2add is included in most recent jailbreak tools on iOS 4.
    2011-06-30 11:28 PM
    Okey. i now try to use Tinyumbrella, but it just runs in a loop.. It goes into recoverymode again and again..
    Is there any hope, then..?

Can i click on save my ssh ?

what is fix recovery?
    Last edited by Bekkis6; 2011-07-01 at 12:17 AM.
    2011-07-01 12:10 AM
    I cant get fix recovery to work.. Ifunbox wont find my device?
    i really hope there is other options...
    2011-07-01 01:19 AM
    Fix recovery is for iOS 4.2.1 and up, you can try that too. But yeah saving your SHSHs won't do any good for retrieving your data. So TinyUmbrella picks up your iPhone but ifunbox won't?
    2011-07-01 01:30 AM
    Okey, so fix recovery wont work?
    What version do i need to download?

Tinyumbrella finds my phone, but not ifunbox.
    Is There something else i can use?

This is so sad, bacause i am leaving for another vecation toningt and need my phone.. So i am in a bit hurry. Really apritiat your help.
    2011-07-01 09:33 AM
    Is it not possible to save enything.. ?
    2011-07-01 12:44 PM
    You could try WinSCP to SSH into your phone. Maybe look into some data extractors, but that stuff is beyond my expertise.
    2011-07-01 04:09 PM
    I hope you can answer this ..
    I Connected to itunes to restore my phone
    Have downloaded the latest verson of itunes and the latest firmwa, but it will not install this.

Is there another way to install the software ?
    2011-07-01 04:30 PM
    You have to use iTunes to restore. I don't know what's wrong. You need to tell me what error number you get, which iPhone you have, and what firmware it is currently on and what firmware you are trying to restore to.
    2011-07-01 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD