Hi, I have an iphone 3gs that I have previously unlocked using ultrasn0w and the baseband has been updated to 06.15. I today tried to update the firmware to 4.3.3 using firstly the latest sn0wbreeze. I made the custom firmware and then installed it via itunes in the recommended way. However, this then put me in a recovery loop - I tried using both ireb and tiny umbrella to kick it out of this but neither did.

Next, I tried redsn0w - this was successful to a point. I've got 4.3.3 installed and jailbroken and ultrasn0w is working. However, it is still a tethered jailbreak (every time I restart the iphone I have to go through redsn0w to get past the connect to itunes screen on the iphone).

I used the latest versions of both sn0wbreeze and redsn0w, so I'm not sure why this has not worked as an untethered jailbreak. It may be something really obvious that I don't know about or understand, so I thought I'd ask. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to get an untethered 4.3.3, or if there is something I'm maybe doing wrong? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    2011-07-03 12:32 AM
    IOS 4.3.3 is already untethered. Restore to custom firmware of 4.3.3 created by Snowbreeze 2.7.3 to get untethered jailbreak. Use the Pwned dfu mode of SB to get your iphone into dfu mode. Once restored, you are already jailbroken, you do not have to run redsn0w again. Just unlock with Ultrasn0w from Cydia.
    2011-07-03 01:27 AM
    IOS 4.3.3 is already untethered. Restore to custom firmware of 4.3.3 created by Snowbreeze 2.7.3 to get untethered jailbreak. Use the Pwned dfu mode of SB to get your iphone into dfu mode. Once restored, you are already jailbroken, you do not have to run redsn0w again. Just unlock with Ultrasn0w from Cydia.
    Thanks for the reply; this is what I did initially but it didn't work. After restoring with custom SB firmware the iPhone restarted and just went to the 'connect to iTunes screen' rather than restarting normally. I tried to get past this using ireb and tiny umbrella but neither worked.
    2011-07-03 11:23 AM
    Make sure your custom firmware doesn't have ipad baseband update.
    2011-07-04 01:41 AM
    It may be something really obvious that I don't know about or understand, so I thought I'd ask. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to get an untethered 4.3.3, or if there is something I'm maybe doing wrong? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    From this page: How to Update iPhone 3GS/3G Baseband to 06.15.00 with PwnageTool 4.1.3 | iPhoneHeat
    QUOTE:
    'Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).'

So sn0wbreeze is the correct way I think, but you have problem so:
    I would try this (long shot): build your custom 4.3.3 with sn0wbreeze and restore that with iTunes, then when you're stuck in a recovery loop try:

Fix Recovery (from the TinyUmbrella site): http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...covery-win.zip

If that doesnt work, a last ditch attempt I would try running Redsn0w on it to exploit it.

Otherwise I don't know, I am just trying to help as I have recently found iReb and TinyUmbrella not kicking me out of recovery either, I had to use fixrecovery-win which seems to run one of the bootrom exploits (you get the black console text on the iDevice) and stop the loop for good.

Good luck!
    2011-07-04 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD