Hello everyone!

I am new here so please bear with me if i am posting in wrong section.

Currently i am in a situation where i need some advice which i hope someone here will be able to provide.

Been using iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 for a long time, never bothered to update and finally i think i should update to latest version 4.3.3. I was JBroken on 4.0.1 which was done by a friend so technically i don't have experience of doing JB. (i am good enough with computers and other phones i believe).

I am not on official carrier so definitely i need to rely on UltraSn0w plus hacktivation while preserving baseband (i have 01.59.00 by the way). Done a lot of search and came to conclusion that in order to achieve above i should do following:

1: Download 4.3.3 file from getios.

2: Prepare custom firmware file with Sn0wbreeze in expert mode with Hactivation option.

3: put iphone in DFU mode and restore sn0wbreeze made firmware file in iTunes.

thats it, is it that simple??

One more question, how is the battery life on 4.3.3 compared to 4.0.1.

Thanks for any help.
    Regards.
    2011-07-05 05:57 PM
    That is the right path to preserve your baseband by using custom firmware. The only issue here might be hactivation. If you have access to ATNT sim to trigger into homescreen, that would be good. Battery life depends on what you install on your iphone.
    2011-07-05 10:53 PM
    hi, thanks for reply!

Unfortunately i don't have access to official carrier sim card. Hacktivation is my only option, though later on i am thinking to do that "SAM" thing.

One more question; i've saved SHSH (whatever its called) of 4.0.1 with iFaith, would it be possible to downgrade to 4.0.1 in case of any problem? if yes, How?

Sorry for another question just want to be a little extra careful.

Thanks.
    2011-07-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD