I have iOS 4.1 on my 3GS, JBed with greenp0ison. With the new JailbreakMe out, I'd like to upgrade to 4.3.3 and then jailbreak again.

What's the easiest way to do this, preserving all my settings etc. and particularly my Cydia stuff? Does the iPhone backup performed by iTunes record all this information, so if I restore all my Cydia items/tweaks will come back?

I'm not bothered about unlocking or carriers btw - I'm in the UK and on Orange.

Thanks!
    2011-07-06 01:23 PM
    Came here to find the answer to this same question. I have my iPhone 4 setup exactly how i want it, and would HATE to have to re-set things like LockInfo and Activator. Although i DO care about preserving my baseband. Cydia has had my SHSH blobs saved for some time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by justincase; 2011-07-06 at 04:27 PM.
    2011-07-06 04:24 PM
    Use pwnagetool (mac) or sn0wbreeze (windows) to create a custom firmware and then restore to that.
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-07-06 04:27 PM
    Use pwnagetool (mac) or sn0wbreeze (windows) to create a custom firmware and then restore to that.
    That was a pretty vague reply. OP had more specific questions, as do i. Does restoring to an updated CFW leave all settings alone (iOS and jailbroken apps) ?
    2011-07-06 04:30 PM
    I was answering your question I believe and you have edited it. Unless it was someone else who's comment has been deleted i apologize. It was help to preserve a baseband. It will not save anything. To do that you should get pkgbackup (paid package) to save all of you cydia apps.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-07-06 04:32 PM
    I edited my first post, but only to add clarification. I do care about preserving the basesband...but alongside everything the OP asked.
    2011-07-06 04:33 PM
    I was answering your question I believe and you have edited it. Unless it was someone else who's comment has been deleted i apologize. It was help to preserve a baseband. It will not save anything. To do that you should get pkgbackup (paid package) to save all of you cydia apps.
    Look here I added stuff lol
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-07-06 04:34 PM
    All these ninja edits! I'll take a look at pkgbackup, thanks.
    2011-07-06 04:35 PM
    No problem.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-07-06 04:35 PM
    Purchased. App looks great. Just hope it restores without issue!
    2011-07-07 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD