So I jailbroke my iphone 3GS from jailbreakme.com. I also tried redsn0w in the past and have the same issues. Right after jailbreaking my battery life drops to roughly half. After using redsn0w I basically had to go back to Apple firmware to get things respectable. Now I use jailbreakme and get the same issues. I even did a "restore as new device" this last time after using redsn0w before using jailbreakme. Not sure what to do. I've checked and closed all of the devices running in the background. What else could be draining the battery after jailbreak? I'm willing to try anything at this point. Thanks!
    2011-07-11 09:47 PM
    Is your brightness tuned all the way up ?
    2011-07-11 10:46 PM
    ^Did you activate with an official SIM ... or use the [h]activate option?
    2011-07-11 10:57 PM
    I would bet anything its the constant launching of Cydia. Have you ever used the SBsettings task bar memory option? I to have a 3GS and regularly watch it consume almost half of my available memory with all other background apps closed. Cydia is a memory and battery Bear and that (in my opinion) is why your battery woes happen across different jailbreak methods and this before even installing any JB apps...
    2011-07-11 11:26 PM
    I have the stock AT&T sim. Didnt do anything with the sim? I'm on an otherwise stock AT&T phone on AT&T network (3G) connection most all of the time.

Cydia was installed as part of the jailbreakme process, but make sure I don't have it running in the background. Not sure how else to get around having Cydia installed.

Brightness is turned all the way up, but was for the year or so I've had it before the JB. The battery life is noticeable lower now with brightness being the same before and after JB.
    2011-07-11 11:37 PM
    Jailbreaking without Cydia is like having iPhone without app store. Install batterylogger pro from Cydia along with battery detective. You can run diagnostics from them. I have had probs with 4.3.3 I personally prefer 4.2.1 I always get better battery life on 4.2.1
    2011-07-12 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD