User Tag List

Hello

I have the ControlPad app for the Snes HD emulator on my 3GS but the source appears to be down so I can't get that app anymore for my wife's iPod touch.

I packaged the ControlPad.app into a .deb file and hosted it on my repo http://benmartin.gotdns.com/cydia

It will install via Cydia and show on springboard but will only open for a split second and then exit

Please can someone tell me what I have missed.... Should I have changed the permissions of the files before I .deb'd them?

Any help appreciated

Regards
    2011-07-12 08:11 PM
    Here is the link to the original post:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-ipa...ontrolpad.html

The app may not be compatible, incorrect permissions, need signing (ldid -S ...), missing preferences, or a number of other reasons. I suggest contacting the original author.
    2011-07-12 08:17 PM
    The problem is that source is down but I did manage to get the controlpad app from there which does work on my 3GS so presumably has been code signed

When I repackaged the files from my 3GS to mirror on my repo, it won't open on my wife's phone

I think this is a simple step I am missing
    2011-07-12 08:57 PM
    'Repackaging' an app is not as simple as it appears. There are control files, install scripts and other misc options during the install. It's really difficult to say what is wrong, it could be simple. Usually permissions and ownerships are at the top of the 'won't run' list Checking the syslog may help.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-12 at 09:05 PM.
    2011-07-12 09:01 PM
    I just fixed it it was the permissions
    I will now do the same with snes hd and post in the comments of the official snes hd thread
    2011-07-12 09:18 PM
    Good job . I don't use SNES but I'm confident some users might be interested
    2011-07-12 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD