Ok, so I've exhausted all of my options and I'm hoping for someone to keep me from going insane. I attempted to upgrade my iPhone 4 from 4.1 to 4.3.2 the other day and failed miserably. At first I was getting the long series of iTunes error messages and failing to get TU to respond or break my phone out of the loop... it was bricked. I needed a phone the following day and decided to restore to 4.3.4. Now I've got 4.3.4 installed and wonder what I've done. I'm currently trying to downgrade back to 4.2.1 or 4.3.2, but neither seem to be taking.

The good news (I hope) is that I have SHSH blobs for my phone for 4.1 thru 5.0 (using the new TU) and I can get all of the way to the 1013 error in iTunes, but when I try to go farther, my phone does not respond. I've tried to Fix Recovery in DFU and to Exit Recovery in DFU, but the phone just sits there, not doing anything after the request. TU says that Fix Recovery has finished, but the boot never comes.

My concern is that I may have upgraded the baseband and now it's not taking, but is this a concern if I still have the old SHSH blobs?

Thanks for any help, I've spent over 12 hours the past few days trying to get out of 4.3.4 and back to a jailbreakable 4.3.2 or earlier.
    Last edited by doktorinjh; 2011-07-22 at 04:53 AM.
    2011-07-22 04:49 AM
    I can't downgrade either. I've tried all that you have. Fix Recovery runs on my phone for a while and then just fades out. After that I get the apple logo then the USB to iTunes screen. Hopefully someone can help us. If I figure it out I'll post it up.

Brian
    2011-07-22 05:04 AM
    Thanks Brian.

I've also seen conflicting reports on whether or not to edit the hosts file. Some say to include the gs.apple.com line and others say to comment it out. I've tried both, to no avail.

Jason
    2011-07-22 05:13 AM
    Run TU, click Save SHSHs. Then run the TSS Server. Open iTunes now, shift+restore to 4.2.1. Receive error 1015 or 1013 and get the recovery mode screen. Run latest Greenpois0n on your iPhone 4. When using GP, be sure when following the timer to set into DFU, when it tells you at the end to hold the home button, keep holding it for a while. You can let go when the phone finishes loading all the codes. Meaning let go when you see the apple/GP logo.

If you're still wanting 4.3.3, create a custom fw with sn0wbreeze and set device into pwned DFU mode with redsn0w. Then shift+restore to it in iTunes with TU's TSS server running. You can do this after you complete the above steps I gave you for 4.2.1. I say this bc you likely can't enter pwned DFU mode right now being in the state your device is in.

My method is not the only method and it is probably not the easiest, but I know for a fact that it will work. If you have SHSHs for sure it will work. I know bc I just upgraded to 4.2.8, got stuck and tried pwned DFU to use a cfw and failed so I restore to 4.2.6, used GP, pwned DFU mode and restored to a cfw I made with pwnagetool
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-07-22 at 05:17 AM.
    2011-07-22 05:14 AM
    i.Annie... I can't thank you enough! Success! Greenpois0n was the missing link and through all of my fruitless searching, I never saw this fix recommended. Thanks again!
    2011-07-22 06:00 AM
    Heyyy it worked! Awesome lol, I'm glad you sorted it out.
    2011-07-22 06:05 AM
    i.Annie... I can't thank you enough! Success! Greenpois0n was the missing link and through all of my fruitless searching, I never saw this fix recommended. Thanks again!
    Damn. Forgot about that one too. Glad you got it worked out! On a side note I somehow managed to get mine work too. Looks like it was a good night for both of us!

Brian
    2011-07-22 06:48 AM
    good times for you guys
    2011-07-22 06:50 AM
    Annie! Youre a hero
    2011-07-22 07:05 AM
    A mean hero
    2011-07-22 07:32 AM
    I know I'm the meanest one around.
    2011-07-22 04:57 PM
    hi to everyone ,,this is my first post ,,,i have 2 questions i.Annie ..... this is what i have on my IPHONE 4 4.3.4 BASEBAND 04.10.01. . my question can i downgrade ? and do i still have to use the the turbo sim unlock ? ...sorry im new to this ....thanks
    2011-07-23 04:23 PM
    hi to everyone ,,this is my first post ,,,i have 2 questions i.Annie ..... this is what i have on my IPHONE 4 4.3.4 BASEBAND 04.10.01. . my question can i downgrade ? and do i still have to use the the turbo sim unlock ? ...sorry im new to this ....thanks
    Hello.

First off I would strongly suggest creating a new thread when asking a question as you would get alot more answers and a more direct one as opposed to asking on someone elses thread. Understandable though

Now to answer you question: If your I4 has any previous shsh blobs saved through either tiny umbrella or cydia then yes you can very much downgrade. However if not then I'm afraid you are stuck where you are. The turbo sim will work either way no matter what firmware you are on.

This may help you some

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html
    2011-07-23 04:36 PM
    According to the above, downgrading is possible for firmware of the iOS but not possible for the baseband. So your only option to unlock is the Gevey SIM. Downgrading the firmware as mentioned already is possible with the use of SHSHs if available (meaning if you saved them before Apple stopped signing)
    2011-07-23 05:00 PM
    Were you jailbroken before? Nothing to be sorry about .. Everyone is new at some point
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
    2011-07-23 10:02 PM
    Were you jailbroken before? Nothing to be sorry about .. Everyone is new at some point
    Exactly! Embrace the fact your on the jailbreak side now
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-07-23 11:53 PM
    This restore will not work regularly, the phone must be put into DFU mode before hand, that is a must. Not sure if you did that or not but I wanted to ensure you do that first.

Once you get the 1013 error, close iTunes and have Tinyunbrella running, run the fix recovery (# of your OS) command file and then exit recovery from Tinyunbrella when it finishes.

I just used this method to restore my iPhone 4 from iOS 4.3.4 to iOS 4.3.3.
    2011-07-23 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD