I have a jb iphone 4 running stock 4.01 firmware. Never got around to upgrading firmware until yesterday. Since 4.3.4 is now out, a buddy of mine suggested I upgrade to 4.3.3 to use jailbreakme.com to jb. I did NOT have the shsh certificate for 4.3.3 so he suggested I use tinyumbrella. I used tinyumbrella yesterday and it seemed that it did get the shsh for 4.3.3 (8j2) I'm assuming from cydia since apple is no longer signing this shsh (from what I've read) I ran tinyumbrella and started the TSS server (per his instructions) and proceeded to install the 4.3.3 firmware which I downloaded (shift-restore) in itunes. Everything seemed to go fine until progress bar on phone is 3/4 of way complete, at which point I get error 1013 in Itunes.

My phone now displays the connect to itunes icon and can no longer be used. I've tried modifying the host files in W7 to no avail. I've tried the firmware update several times but no go. What exactly can I do now? I do NOT have the 4.01 firmware shsh (according to tiny umbrella) What should the settings under "advanced" be in tinyumbrella? I've read a few posts about: Set hosts to cydia on exit though I'm not sure if this should be enabled or not.

Any help for a stuck member would be appreciated
    Last edited by sparrow_69; 2011-07-23 at 05:14 AM.
    2011-07-23 05:07 AM
    Start TSS server. Click fix recovery. Then try restoring to 4.3.3 again.
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-07-23 05:32 AM
    Put your iphone into DFU mode , download this file : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    and run it to get you out of error 1013.
    2011-07-23 06:45 AM
    Put your iphone into DFU mode , download this file : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    and run it to get you out of error 1013.
    Thank you VERY much! Worked great
    2011-07-23 06:55 AM
    You are welcome, glad you got it working and enjoy your jailbroken iphone again.
    2011-07-23 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD