(I’m using internet on my netbook with EDGE/GPRS Speed, downloading firmware files is taking a good day)
    I’ve tried searching but cant piece this problem together for 4.3.2 specifically

Background:
    Iphone 4 16gb factory unlocked
    Version 4.3.2
    Jailbreak: Redsn0w 0.98.something, untethered
    Windows 7 x64 main computer (currently using x32)
    Itunes 10.2 main computer (currently using latest 10.3)
    No access to a Mac till im back in England

-Currently abroad, away from my main computer which has all my syncs
    -Using a netbook with itunes 10.3 with no backup of my iphone! It hasn’t got the ‘hosts’ file edited
    -Installed on iphone already is cydia, open ssh, a2cp (or whatever it was called)
    -shsh blobs backed up online/manual using tinyumbrella on that home pc

All started when my ipod app came up with no content. I manually was backing up the songs using 'iphone explorer' because I couldn’t do the sync fix and the language change fix didn’t work after 100 tries.
    After i had finished, i had deleted one of the ‘F01’ folders, suddently ‘iPhoneExplorer’ chucked out a ‘Framework error’, it forced closed and windows made the ‘take out usb’ sound. Half the icons like phone, mail, ipod (most of the core apps) disappeared! (Should have taken a pic of it to show u guys but I thought a power/home reset would fix it)

Problem:

It didn’t.

I've taken a lot of pictures, videos, notes and new contacts while im here, don’t want to lose them

The iphone is no longer detected unless in DFU mode (no ‘usb inserted sound’ or detection by windows, unless in DFU mode). Programs to SSH, iPhoneExplorer and iFunbox don’t work.

Now the iPhone doesn’t boot into springboard anymore, just stays at the apple logo and reboots at that so I assume the boot files are corrupt.

Possible Solutions?

I've tried ‘Fix Recovery 4.3’ tool – didn’t work, still ended up in a reboot loop.

I've Tried ‘iRecovery’ using commandline – didn’t work [chucked out a ‘no iphone detected’ error as it has to be in recovery mode] – Still didn’t work when manually placed in recovery mode.

So now im trying to manually SSH into it using the Ramdisk method.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/758...e-ramdisk.html

So far this has given me the best progress. I have followed the instructions as above. Used the files suited to my firmware from a Custom 4.3.2 Firmware (got a friend to ship me these files - ACTUAL MOO HEAD.zip - if anyone needs it)

After establishing a connection, I tried using WinSCP, FileZilla and iPhone Tunnel Suite 3.0 each attempt to access it via ssh, it pops up with “Connection Refused” or “No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. Connection failed”.

About 17 attempts have failed = iPhone instantly flashes then reboots back to the apple logo.

Argh! Back to square 1

I want to use MSFTguy’s Mostly iPhone hacking: Data recovery: not just for iBoot-pwned devices but am using EDGE speed internet here in Bangladesh, so downloading a 666mb ipsw isn’t looking realistic

Can anyone experienced guide me through or provide a tailored solution to perform SSH via Ramdisk method on 4.3.2 please? Anyone else have similar issues?

Cheers!
    2011-07-23 05:34 PM
    Ahh well. I don't know about recovering data.. :-/
    But next time u back up ur library use sharepod. I don't think bangladesh has 3G .. Are there any Internet cafes there?
    I googled and found out there is an apple store in Dhaka maybe u might try getting an ipsw from ther? I kno it's a dumb solution
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
    2011-07-23 10:59 PM
    I recommend a restore, and not just a regular restore, but a complete restore. To do this, put your device into DFU mode first before restoring to iOS 4.3.2.

To put your iPhone into DFU mode, hold down the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, letting go of the lock button but continuing to hold menu until iTunes recognizes the device with the message: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes". Your screen should be pitch black at this point and should not show the connect to iTunes screen. If it does you messed up.

The DFU restore is different than the general restore. A general restore will set all settings back to defaults while a DFU restore completely expunges the device then re-injects the iOS operating system into it. Your iPhone 4 will work after the restore this way, if it doesn't your iPhone has a hardware problem and you should contact Apple if it's still under warranty. If not, it may be time to consider a new one.

Before starting the DFU restore, make sure your hosts file is correctly configured. AND that you have 4.3.2 SHSH blobs saved in Cydia.

In Windows Vista+7, go to the start menu, find notepad, right click it and click 'run as administrator'. From there click File > open. Navigate to Computer>Local Disk C>Windows>System32>drivers>etc. You may need to use the drop down menu to switch your view from .txt files to 'All files'. Open the hosts file and confirm that the last line of the hosts file says, "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com". If it does not, then add the line and save the file. If there is a "#" sign before it, remove that sign and then save.

In Mac OS X, go to spotlight, find terminal and open it. Enter, "sudo nano /private/etc/hosts". Hit enter, then enter your password. Confirm that the last line of the hosts file says, "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com". If it does not, then add the line and save the file. If there is a "#" sign before it, remove that sign and then save by pressing Ctrl + O and hitting enter. Then hit Cmd + Q and hit enter.

Once your hosts file is configured and you have SHSH blobs saved in Cydia, you are good to go to perform the restore. Editing the hosts file makes iTunes communicate with Cydia instead of Apple. This means Cydia will sign the outdated software for you as Apple will not.

Get the iOS 4.3.2 firmware here and Shift + Click restore (windows), Option + Click restore (mac os x) in iTunes to perform the restore, point to the firmware you downloaded, hit enter, and you are good to go.

After restoring you will be presented with a 10xx error. This is normal. Close out of iTunes after the error.

Download Tinyumbrella for Windows/OS X and Fix Recovery for Windows/OS X. Install and open Tinyumbrella and go to the folder that you downloaded the Fix Recovery to. Run the Fix recovery command from that folder not from Tinyumbrella, and be sure to select the right one, 43 is for iOS 4.3-4.3.3, 421 is for iOS 4.2.1.

It may be necessary to go to Tinyumbrella and run the exit recovery afterwards.

Once finished, Just rejailbreak using Jailbreakme 3.0.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    ChSchuldiner
    Last edited by ChSchuldiner; 2011-07-23 at 11:38 PM.
    2011-07-23 11:05 PM
    I recommend a restore, and not just a regular restore, but a complete restore. To do this, put your device into DFU mode first before restoring to iOS 4.3.2.

To put your iPhone into DFU mode, hold down the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, letting go of the lock button but continuing to hold menu until iTunes recognizes the device with the message: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes". Your screen should be pitch black at this point and should not show the connect to iTunes screen. If it does you messed up.

The DFU restore is different than the general restore. A general restore will set all settings back to defaults while a DFU restore completely expunges the device then re-injects the iOS operating system into it. Your iPhone 4 will work after the restore this way, if it doesn't your iPhone has a hardware problem and you should contact Apple if it's still under warranty. If not, it may be time to consider a new one.

Before starting the DFU restore, make sure your hosts file is correctly configured. AND that you have 4.3.2 SHSH blobs saved in Cydia.

In Windows Vista+7, go to the start menu, find notepad, right click it and click 'run as administrator'. From there click File > open. Navigate to Computer>Local Disk C>Windows>System32>drivers>etc. You may need to use the drop down menu to switch your view from .txt files to 'All files'. Open the hosts file and confirm that the last line of the hosts file says, "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com". If it does not, then add the line and save the file. If there is a "#" sign before it, remove that sign and then save.

In Mac OS X, go to spotlight, find terminal and open it. Enter, "sudo nano /private/etc/hosts". Hit enter, then enter your password. Confirm that the last line of the hosts file says, "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com". If it does not, then add the line and save the file. If there is a "#" sign before it, remove that sign and then save by pressing Ctrl + O and hitting enter. Then hit Cmd + Q and hit enter.

Once your hosts file is configured and you have SHSH blobs saved in Cydia, you are good to go to perform the restore. Editing the hosts file makes iTunes communicate with Cydia instead of Apple. This means Cydia will sign the outdated software for you as Apple will not.

Get the iOS 4.3.2 firmware here and Shift + Click restore (windows), Option + Click restore (mac os x) in iTunes to perform the restore, point to the firmware you downloaded, hit enter, and you are good to go. Just rejailbreak using Jailbreakme 3.0.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    ChSchuldiner
    If you read his post you would have understood he doesn't need all that explanation
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
    2011-07-23 11:13 PM
    It was easier for me to copy and paste this information from another reply that I made than to individually pluck out what was important. I was just doing my duty to explain how to fix the problem.
    2011-07-23 11:18 PM
    Haha, Cheers for that chunky reply! Im not looking to restore the phone just yet, ive still got a bit of hope via the 'upgrade' method.

What I'm really asking is has anyone been successful with the ramdisk method on 4.3.x?

and

How do i get SSH access to the phone that keeps rejecting me? 'root' and 'alpine' are default passwords right? cause it doesnt work
    Last edited by Bustamo; 2011-07-24 at 07:14 AM.
    2011-07-24 06:56 AM
    good luck with that! I'm on the same boat (not in bangladesh though) and trying to do the same with the same solutions I found...Hope it will work for both of us
    2011-08-13 11:58 PM
    Hey dude, yup good luck for it.. I found success with my home computer, The one i synced my itunes with/had shsh saved by tinyumbrella and recovered all my pics

So yep, im a happy guy, big up msftguy and the community for the whole tutorial and method

By the way, I got it working by creating the ramdisk files using the Mac os x method, making a zip file with the kernel, ssh and n90ap file. Chucked it onto windows, used command prompt from there, and made a connection with itunnel_mux.

To access my file i used 'iPhone Tunnel Suite', clicked 'iConnect' and checked 'Use Tunnel'. Then entered command prompts using the 'terminal' button and mounted my user partition. Once all of that was set up, 'file browser' did the job of chucking all my pictures off the iPhone on to the PC.
    Last edited by Bustamo; 2011-08-14 at 01:48 AM.
    2011-08-14 01:43 AM
    Then entered command prompts using the 'terminal' button and mounted my user partition. Once all of that was set up, 'file browser' did the job of chucking all my pictures off the iPhone on to the PC.
    Thanks for your reply!

I went with the tutorial, and got access to my root, so I guess that's the biggest step. But I'm stuck on the mounting part, I tried to mount mnt1 and mnt2, but even if I can see the folders inside, I cannot see the data itself. Am I dumb or am I missing something?
    2011-08-16 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.