Awesome thanks I will try that today.
    2011-07-24 03:38 PM
    Glad it worked out for you
    It's possible Apple is playing with new security features with the testing of the new OTA updates so it was just a matter of time before we weren't gonna be able to downgrade.

http://gizmodo.com/5815810/ios5-halt...red-jailbreaks
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-07-24 at 04:22 PM.
    2011-07-24 04:01 PM
    Thanks man I spent hours yesterday trying to downgrade back to 4.3.3 from iOS 5 Beta 4. Created a custom firmware 4.3.3 with PwnageTool and voila. I'm not on 4.3.3.

Thanks I would have stayed on the betas if it weren't for the fact I'm taking a trip next week and need to use my personal hotspot..

Ahhhhh you did help me in some way here I think.

I see what did not happen, and that's the baseband. Other betas would let BB downgrade.

I wonder if I make a custom 4.3.3. ipsw it'll go through...

Apple must have read my previous posts. Lol

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ade-betas.html

Indeed it was the baseband causing the issue.

iOS 5 beta 4 ~ 4.3.3 SOLVED

Create custom 4.3.3 ipsw with snowbreeze
    Run TSS server in TU (make sure "request shsh from cydia" is NOT checked)
    Put phone in pwn'd DFU mode
    Shift + click restore as normal

Network is recognized. So you might want to do it one more time following these steps. Thanks for the help!

Attachment 537852Attachment 537854
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User
    2011-07-24 06:14 PM
    Finally,

after about 2 hours of tinkering, I was able to successfully downgrade from iOS 5 beta 4 to 4.3.3. It does require using Tiny Umbrella's local TSS Server and your SHSH for 4.3.3. Although other steps may/may not be taken to make this work, this is how I did it:
    1. Open Tiny Umbrella, set host to cydia and close out.
    2. Open TU again and start TSS server.
    3. Put device in DFU mode. (Power button for 3 seconds, power and home buttons for 10 seconds, release power button, but continue holding the home button until iTunes pops up saying there is a device in recovery mode). Even though it says recovery mode, this puts it in DFU mode.
    4. Proceed to restore by alt/option + click restore and pointing to 4.3.3 IPSW.
    5. This is where I got Error 1 in iTunes. This put my device in recovery mode (iTunes and USB symbol). I then opened Tiny Umbrella, selected my device, and selected to "Exit Recovery".
    6. This put it back in recovery mode again. Then I opened redsn0w, performed jailbreak, installed Cydia, installed boot animations, and installed multitasking gestures. Keep in mind that I went straight from recovery mode to DFU mode.
    7. This brought me to an infinite recovery loop which I used TU to exit recovery for the final time.
    8. After the reboot, i was up and running. Everything so far seems to work as usual, except in the settings, it says that my Carrier is "Not Available", but I am still able to make calls, access net, send sms, etc...
    I had the same outcome as you when forcing out of recovery. Best way I found to get carrier to show, mms, and FaceTime back is to make a custom ipsw with pwnagetool or snowbreeze. Get in a pwned dfu shift+restore point hosts to cydia or tinyumbrella TSS server before starting the restore. Completed without any errors. Everything seems to be working great. Only problem I've had is downloading purchased music from iTunes on my iphone4
    2011-07-24 06:28 PM
    Thanks man I spent hours yesterday trying to downgrade back to 4.3.3 from iOS 5 Beta 4. Created a custom firmware 4.3.3 with PwnageTool and voila. I'm not on 4.3.3.

Thanks I would have stayed on the betas if it weren't for the fact I'm taking a trip next week and need to use my personal hotspot..
    No problem man. Glad I could help. I myself went back to iOS 5. It was just bugging the crap out of me that it wouldn't go.

el91288 is the one who made it "click" He's a 1 post hero
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas
    2011-07-24 10:33 PM
    No problem man. Glad I could help. I myself went back to iOS 5. It was just bugging the crap out of me that it wouldn't go.

el91288 is the one who made it "click" He's a 1 post hero
    OMG its worked,thanks man
    2011-07-25 07:14 AM
    OMG its worked,thanks man
    Good deal
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas
    2011-07-25 08:46 AM
    Finally,

after about 2 hours of tinkering, I was able to successfully downgrade from iOS 5 beta 4 to 4.3.3. It does require using Tiny Umbrella's local TSS Server and your SHSH for 4.3.3. Although other steps may/may not be taken to make this work, this is how I did it:
    2. Open TU again and start TSS server.
    3. Put device in DFU mode. (Power button for 3 seconds, power and home buttons for 10 seconds, release power button, but continue holding the home button until iTunes pops up saying there is a device in recovery mode). Even though it says recovery mode, this puts it in DFU mode.
    4. Proceed to restore by alt/option + click restore and pointing to 4.3.3 IPSW.
    5. This is where I got Error 1 in iTunes. This put my device in recovery mode (iTunes and USB symbol). I then opened Tiny Umbrella, selected my device, and selected to "Exit Recovery".
    6. This put it back in recovery mode again. Then I opened redsn0w, performed jailbreak, installed Cydia, installed boot animations, and installed multitasking gestures. Keep in mind that I went straight from recovery mode to DFU mode.
    7. This brought me to an infinite recovery loop which I used TU to exit recovery for the final time.
    8. After the reboot, i was up and running. Everything so far seems to work as usual, except in the settings, it says that my Carrier is "Not Available", but I am still able to make calls, access net, send sms, etc...

THANK YOU!!!
    worked for me!!!
    I was able to downgrade to iOS 4.3.4 (Tethered jailbreak)
    woohhhyyyy
    2011-08-03 03:10 PM
    Hi all,
    Everything works fine for now except Safari and Cydia (I suppose because I didn't boot in tethered mode). The main problem is that I can't go to DFU mode anymore, is there any way to put my device in DFU mode using any software and not using button combinations?
    2011-08-04 11:04 AM
    Hi guys

Two questions

1. What version of itunes did you use.
    2. I assume you created a custom ispw with ios 5 beta 4 baseband {ipad}
    2011-08-05 09:46 AM
    Hi guys

Two questions

1. What version of itunes did you use.
    2. I assume you created a custom ispw with ios 5 beta 4 baseband {ipad}
    1. I use iTunes 10.5b60
    2. No I didn't. I had an official firmware from Apple "iPhone3,1_4.3.4_8K2_Restore.ipsw".

One more thing:
    in step 1 of original post -
    I didn't do that.

P.S: Finally was able to boot my device in tethered mode correctly.
    2011-08-05 10:01 AM
    1. I use iTunes 10.5b60
    2. No I didn't. I had an official firmware from Apple "iPhone3,1_4.3.4_8K2_Restore.ipsw".

One more thing:
    in step 1 of original post -

I didn't do that.

P.S: Finally was able to boot my device in tethered mode correctly.
    Tethered you don't need to be tethered unless you don't have shsh saved. If you have any shsh saved get a custom ipsw of the firmware you have a shsh saved from. Use redsnow with original ipsw of the same firmware. Open redsnow put in pwned dfu then use tinyumbrella TSS server, now open iTunes and shift+restore click on the custom ipsw and you won't get a single error. I downgraded iOS 5b4 to 4.3.3.
    Last edited by hurstolds83; 2011-08-08 at 02:25 PM.
    2011-08-08 02:22 PM
    Is there any way to unjailbreak iOS 4.3.3. that was installed while downgrading from iOS5b4???
    When I'm trying to update to 4.3.5 iTunes says that my iPhone is not eligible for requested build.

thoughts?
    2011-08-16 04:03 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD