Hey guys,

Once again I'm back for some help :P

I have this iPhone 4 with no blobs saved with TU whatsoever, so while it was running 4.1 I decided to dump the blobs to start working on it.

So I dumped the blobs and then build ed a *signed* firmware of iOS 4.1 so I could restore to it. I set the phone on pwned dfu mode by using iFaith option (I think call iRec) and then went to iTunes and shift+restore to previously created firmware...

Process goes out great no errors! but after the message "10 seconds for restart blah blah" the phone never comes back and just gets stuck on DFU mode and itunes recognize it again on DFU mode.

So I have tried to use fixrecovery42 and 43 (but anyways phone is running 4.1 not 4.2.x or 4.3.x so that didint work) and no good. I even tried to run limera1n but it will get stuck on... "In DFU mode... WAIT" and don't do nothing past that.

So my last option was to use redsnow point to stock 4.1 and tried to install Cydia (only option checked), process went good until it got to "Installing Activation Bundles" then it just got stuck there and went right back to DFU mode. Here I tried TU fixrecovery but once again no luck.

I then tried the "boot tethered now" option with redsnow and I was able to boot the phone out of DFU to the activation screen where I activated it and was able to use it, no cydia though. I tried to reboot the phone to see if it were go back into DFU and it sure did...

Any ideas? I don't have any blobs saved in TU and really would like to get untethered jailbreak.

Thanks,

Edit: Is there any way to upload my saved iFaith blobs to Cydia?
    Last edited by locobans; 2011-07-25 at 07:03 AM.
    2011-07-25 06:57 AM
    No, you can't upload ifaith blob to cydia.
    Restore again and when it boots up in dfu, just run redsn0w and onlly choose tether boot.
    2011-07-25 07:49 AM
    No, you can't upload ifaith blob to cydia.
    Restore again and when it boots up in dfu, just run redsn0w and onlly choose tether boot.
    Hey iYeow you always come to help very good mod, if this were google+ id +1 you :P

I tried and it boots... but once I turn it off it goes back to DFU
    2011-07-25 07:56 AM
    Yeah, I have not seen any success in this iFaith, don't have any faith in it
    2011-07-25 08:02 AM
    Lol it worked on 1 iphone... but the others no good...

What other options do I have if shsh blobs where never saved to cydia? :s
    2011-07-25 09:13 AM
    Lol it worked on 1 iphone... but the others no good...

What other options do I have if shsh blobs where never saved to cydia? :s
    Yeah ifaith doesnot seem to work on many phones !!
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
    2011-07-25 03:37 PM
    Dude If anyone of you guys is having problems with iFaith simply use version 1.0
    then once its stuck in dfu after restore use redsnow 0.9.6 Rc16 and select "just boot tethered"

boots cool after that. keep posting results!!
    2011-07-28 03:17 AM
    Thanks for the infos
    2011-07-28 03:23 AM
    ^^ will you be able to reboot and not go into DFU mode? cause I was able to do the above but once rebooted it will go in DFU mode
    2011-07-28 07:41 AM
    I guess it is all because of ifaith , have you try ifaith version 1.1, not sure if it makes any difference, only you can tell...lol
    2011-07-28 07:45 AM
    1.2 is releasing very soon. According to ih8 ih8sn0w it will solve dfu
    2011-07-28 08:05 AM
    Will 1.2 allow you to fix the firmwares that cause you to get into dfu mode?
    2011-07-28 08:07 AM
    Will 1.2 allow you to fix the firmwares that cause you to get into dfu mode?
    Its released and its supposed to do that
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
    2011-07-28 01:32 PM
    Alright I'm about to try amd get my i4 back on 4.3.3
    2011-07-28 05:19 PM
    To exit DFU and have a good restaure 4.3.3 you must take shsh ECUD with ifaith 1.2 and make a firmwre with ifaith 1.3 and click no when ifaith ask you if unable to reboot thon restaure with iTunes 10.3
    2011-09-08 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD