Help i have an iphone 4 and it is on 4.3.4 i have tried loads of times to downgrade back to 4.3.3 with my saved blobs and have had no joy most of the time i get error 20 and sometimes get other errors i dont get the normall error of 10xx which is normall i have downgraded my iphones before and never had a problem i just dont cant seem to get it to work
    2011-07-27 08:49 PM
    Help i have an iphone 4 and it is on 4.3.4 i have tried loads of times to downgrade back to 4.3.3 with my saved blobs and have had no joy most of the time i get error 20 and sometimes get other errors i dont get the normall error of 10xx which is normall i have downgraded my iphones before and never had a problem i just dont cant seem to get it to work
    I helped solve this earlier. Do the same method but with a custom 4.3.3 firmware made from either pwnage tool (mac) or sn0wbreeze (pc)

Make sure you pwned DFU your device before trying to restore and are running the TSS server from Tiny Umbrella.
    2011-07-27 09:08 PM
    I've got this problem too. I was already on 4.3.3 after downgrading a couple of days ago but just wanted to do a clean install as I've been having problems with one of the Cydia Apps I'd added.

I'm using the same custom IPSW I created 2 days ago, created with Pwnage tool, have corrected edited the /etc/hosts file, have the TSS server running & have correctly entered DFU mode.

I'm now stuck in DFU mode, black screen & can't kick it out of such with either reboot or the recovery fix from Tiny Umbrella's home page.

So if anyone's got an idea what's going on I'd be grateful.

I've also found that the restore begins by extracting the software then TinyUmbrella quits for some reason & the restore fails. Then if I open the /etc/hosts file the final line that I added, 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com, has been edited somehow to include a hash so has become #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com.
    Last edited by guid0mcman; 2011-07-27 at 11:26 PM.
    2011-07-27 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD