I think you should try to take it down to 4.1 bc anything above 4.2.1, TU can't kick any device out of recovery mode. I mean the fix recovery option is supposed to work but Ive never had any luck with that.
    2011-08-07 09:32 PM
    I think you should try to take it down to 4.1 bc anything above 4.2.1, TU can't kick any device out of recovery mode. I mean the fix recovery option is supposed to work but Ive never had any luck with that.
    Will it kick it out of DFU Mode?

Also, I need iFaith to do that, and that's assuming that iFaith can extract the blobs from the device.

I need another download.

EDIT: When trying to download via a different link on iH8sn0w's website, I get sent to a Google error page with the search query 'do not use update coming' or something like that.
    Last edited by CyphericAcid; 2011-08-08 at 02:19 AM.
    2011-08-08 02:10 AM
    iFaith only saves SHSHs for the firmware you are already on.

4.1 should be fine on a 3GS without SHSHs. If you have it that's fine too. Once on 4.1 TinyUmbrella can successfully kick a device out of recovery mode with the "exit recovery" option.
    2011-08-08 02:33 AM
    iFaith only saves SHSHs for the firmware you are already on.

4.1 should be fine on a 3GS without SHSHs. If you have it that's fine too. Once on 4.1 TinyUmbrella can successfully kick a device out of recovery mode with the "exit recovery" option.
    Your answer doesn't fit my questions.

I'm assuming this is a typo, but you claimed that iFaith can only save SHSH for a firmware you are on currently.

I'm currently on 4.3.3, but i was on 4.1 when I bought the device and connected it to iTunes.

I don't have a 3GS, only an iPod Touch 4G. I don't currently have the SHSH for 4.1, and I missed the signing period for 4.1.

iFaith is not downloadable from iH8Sn0w's website. I need another link to it.
    2011-08-08 10:39 PM
    I'm not sure how it doesn't apply. If you're on 4.3.3 why would you ever need iFaith besides to save SHSHs for 4.3.3?

You're stuck and can't get access to the device when restoring, correct? I suggested to downgrade to 4.1 so that TinyUmbrella can kick the device out of recovery mode considering the exit recovery option doesn't work on 4.2.1+

However if you don't agree with my suggestion, that's fine too.

Edit: Being on an iPod touch, excuse me for mistaking you have a 3GS, there is another user I'm helping that does

For your iPod touch google doesn't give you an adequate selection of iFaith? I'll check.

Here try this

iFaith, Download iFaith SHSH Blobs Dumping Tool | iPhoneHeat
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-08-09 at 02:53 AM.
    2011-08-09 02:49 AM
    I'm not sure how it doesn't apply. If you're on 4.3.3 why would you ever need iFaith besides to save SHSHs for 4.3.3?

You're stuck and can't get access to the device when restoring, correct? I suggested to downgrade to 4.1 so that TinyUmbrella can kick the device out of recovery mode considering the exit recovery option doesn't work on 4.2.1+

However if you don't agree with my suggestion, that's fine too.

Edit: Being on an iPod touch, excuse me for mistaking you have a 3GS, there is another user I'm helping that does

For your iPod touch google doesn't give you an adequate selection of iFaith? I'll check.

Here try this

iFaith, Download iFaith SHSH Blobs Dumping Tool | iPhoneHeat
    I'll try the link.

Okay, let me get something straight, I'm confused. Does iFaith only extract SHSH blobs from the firmware you're already on or any firmware you've ever been on? If it's the first, it's no use to me. EDIT: Nevermind. Would I be able to restore to 4.1? I would be stuck, but would I be able to get the 4.1 blobs? Otherwise, I can't do anything. I'll try to get the 4.3.3 blobs and see if that works.

I'm definitely in a DFU loop, by the way. Even after an iTunes restore successfully working, I'm back in DFU mode, so a program that can kick me out on 4.3.3 would be nice. I believe iDEB can do that?

I'm asking this again. Can TinyUmbrella help me exit DFU mode if it doesn't on the downgrade to 4.1?

EDIT: Tried iFaith, and selected to dump SHSH. At the Apple Logo step, my iPod came to life, and on the screen, it showed the credits. iTunes also automatically opened.

But on my iPod's screen, after the credits, it shows:

unable to find byte sequence
    iDevice: iPod Touch 4
    iOS: 4.3.3 (REDACTED)
    ECID: (REDACTED)
    =====================

It repeats it every few seconds.
    Last edited by CyphericAcid; 2011-08-10 at 12:25 AM.
    2011-08-10 12:13 AM
    Update: After a while, I went to check on iFaith, and the iPod.

There was a black screen. It's obviously still in DFU mode (probably not pwned).

So that's good. iTunes also sees the device.

Bad news, though. It turns out I probably don't have the SHSH on my Uncle's computer. I don't have them on this one, either.

iFaith couldn't find them by looking at Cydia's server (but it might be able to if I enter the ECID manually).

At this point, I don't care about jailbreaking. The only reason I couldn't do a regualr restore was due to RecoveryGuard. The firmware has obviously been overwritten multiple times, so can I just upgrade to stock 4.3.5 via Restore on iTunes (not Shift+Restore)?

I can wait until iOS 5, or deal with a tethered.

EDIT2: Although iTunes sees the device, TinyUmbrella doesn't, so I can't get my ECID without the risk of it gtting stuck again (as iFaith did provide me with it). There's basically no hope of me getting my SHSH back at this time.
    Last edited by CyphericAcid; 2011-08-10 at 08:44 PM.
    2011-08-10 08:41 PM
    Bumping. I desperately need help.
    2011-08-11 06:56 PM
    Bumping again.

Help, please.
    2011-08-16 12:46 AM
    So you never could get it to 4.3.5?
    2011-08-16 05:39 AM
    I just did a upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 first 2 installs with tiny umbrella got error on stuck in loop tiny could not kick me tryed redsnow the latest version faild half way through runing pineapple I took a breath and did another restore via tiny umbrella and bam completed restore no problem and jb with redsnow 4.3.3 smashed !!!
    2011-08-16 06:17 AM
    Ok, so why did this work after so many tries and not earlier on? Is it something you just have to keep trying and eventually it'll work?
    2011-08-16 08:32 AM
    Sometimes even though I hate to say it but it's true, it just takes persistence. Doing it over and over again until it finally works. As long as you're doing the right thing/process that is
    2011-08-16 08:42 AM
    I'm trying to upgrade to stock 4.3.5 now, as I apparently no longer have the SHSH for 4.3.3 or below.

Let's hope it works.
    2011-08-17 09:51 PM
    im not sure i think when i used red snow to try to break the boot loop even affter it fails to finish i think it fixed something also itseems right affter that the install went perfect . not sure but if you wanna go from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 lattest redsnow latest tiny umbrella and i am also useing the latest bata of itunes how this helps
    2011-08-18 12:48 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD