Try to "boot tethered" using redsn0w. It worked for me.
    My symtom was... iphone 4 stucked in DFU mode after restored CFW 4.3.3 (activated, JBroken, Presvered BB). Nothing worked until I tried the solution above.
    2011-08-14 12:33 AM
    boot tethered worked then reboots in dfu mode. I was able to fix it using ifaith 1.3 making a custom ipsw + shsh blob, but right now it can't read my non AT&T sim card. I can't install sn0wbreeze custom with jailbreak other wise it would go in dfu. I have blob for 4.3 and currently on it using jailbreakme.com and ultrasn0w. When I put my T-mobile sim it says invalid sim, sim failure.
    2011-08-14 02:27 AM
    Having exact same problem with invalid sim, sim failure with my T-mobile sim. I don't have a valid AT&T sim to test, so I only used a non valid AT&T sim for activation. My problem seems to be worse as the power/sleep button is non functional or don't want to work with the home button.

First I had the DFU loop, I tried all cFW 4.3.3, 4.3, 4.2.1 and non cFW which restores but reboots back into dfu mode. Booting tethered works for a good minute then reboots itself back into dfu. The only way I was able to fix it was with ifaith 1.3, creating a cFW with shsh blob, but I am missing blob for 4.3.3. I was able to get it up and working on 4.2.1 but I can't jailbreak it as I can't put it back into dfu mode with non functional sleep/power button. Jailbreakme was not an option as well as it requires 4.3 and up. I had to use the invalidate iBoot trick to restore it into a bricked dfu mode 4.3 in order to restore to cFW 4.3 with shsh blob. This time I was able to use jailbreakme and ultrasn0w but it still wouldn't detect my SIM. I did redsn0w jailbreak and went through every recovery loop or error you can think of. Redsn0w jailbreak would brick the phone with start up stuck in apple logo. Not being able to reset the phone I had to non stop unscrew the motherboard from battery just to power it off. I powered up the phone with the usb cable while holding on to the home button to get it into recovery mode. Getting the phone into dfu mode was like mission impossible, I had to use foil to touch the power button pins and home button. Tiny umbrella with tss server on was used to do all the restore and to monitor phone mode in the log. In order to perform the foil trick removing the LCD would be faster. Not removing lcd would be better but much harder to put into dfu mode as you need to press on the foil with timing like the actual button.

I have yet to test 4.1, not sure if it is worth the trouble as it might not fix the problem as well. All other custom firmware ended up in dfu mode.
    Last edited by bustah; 2011-08-14 at 06:49 AM.
    2011-08-14 06:38 AM
    This is frustrating, after fixing the dfu loop now the sim wouldn't read. I don't have a valid AT&T sim to test, so I only used a non valid AT&T sim for activation. My problem seems to be worse as the power/sleep button is non functional or don't want to work with the home button.

First I had the DFU loop, I tried all cFW 4.3.3, 4.3, 4.2.1 and non cFW which restores but reboots back into dfu mode. Booting tethered works for a good minute then reboots itself back into dfu. The only way I was able to fix it was with ifaith 1.3, creating a cFW with shsh blob, but I am missing blob for 4.3.3. I was able to get it up and working on 4.2.1 but I can't jailbreak it as I can't put it back into dfu mode with non functional sleep/power button. Jailbreakme was not an option as well as it requires 4.3 and up. I had to use the invalidate iBoot trick to restore it into a bricked dfu mode 4.3 in order to restore to cFW 4.3 with shsh blob. This time I was able to use jailbreakme and ultrasn0w but it still wouldn't detect my SIM. I did redsn0w jailbreak and went through every recovery loop or error you can think of. Redsn0w jailbreak would brick the phone with start up stuck in apple logo. Not being able to reset the phone I had to non stop unscrew the motherboard from battery just to power it off. I powered up the phone with the usb cable while holding on to the home button to get it into recovery mode. Getting the phone into dfu mode was like mission impossible, I had to use foil to touch the power button pins and home button. Tiny umbrella with tss server on was used to do all the restore and to monitor phone mode in the log. In order to perform the foil trick removing the LCD would be faster. Not removing lcd would be better but much harder to put into dfu mode as you need to press on the foil with timing like the actual button.

I have yet to test 4.1, not sure if it is worth the trouble as it might not fix the problem as well. All other custom firmware ended up in dfu mode.
    Last edited by bustah; 2011-08-14 at 06:50 AM.
    2011-08-14 06:41 AM
    What baseband u on?
    2011-08-14 07:39 AM
    2011-08-14 08:28 AM
    I've been searching and searching and up to now this solution worked for me.

I read somewhere that apple is signing 4.1 official restores for some reason even if ur on the ipad baseband. I've only tried this on 3gs, so not sure about iphone 4's. I tried doing this 2 times and i kept getting an error 28.
    Now i read on another forum that removing the battery for 3-5 minutes will allow you to do custom restores if you keep getting these errors. So i figured the errors i was getting had something to do with that. I removed logic board from battery and let it sit for 5 minutes.
    I then re-attached LB, and without putting the screen on, proceeded to restore to 4.1 official.
    It installed successfully but i got error 1015... which was a relief because that just means that its stuck in recovery and not DFU. Popped the screen back on, and powered on the iphone and viola! plug into itunes screen.
    Used Tiny to kick out of recovery and its been working ever since.

I have no idea if keeping the screen off helped at all, just figured it was worth noting that I did do that during my process, but also it seemed like windows didnt detect my drivers automatically while the installation process was going on it went through a process of installing drivers for my apple mobil device so maybe it was detected in some other mode while the screen was off; but then again i dont know...
    2011-08-21 11:23 PM
    Is this iPhone 4 ?
    2011-08-21 11:35 PM
    this thing happen on my ipad
    its on dfu loop mode

still finding best solution for this
    2011-08-29 07:41 AM
    I've been to hell and back with this problem...I gave up on my bricked iphone 3gs and then started doing somethings i didnt realise i was even doing...Now, this is what i did...........i restored to 4.3.3 snowbreeze cooked firmware, it got to the 1015 error, then I jailbroke using redsnow 0.9.6rc18, cydia, and "install ipad baseband, so it reflashed the ipad baseband...still got to dfu after reboot, then i used that boot tethered thang in same version of redsnow and it worked like magic...its all working now, gets to dfu when rebooted though...best thing is, its working and i gotta keep it up and running till there's a better solution.
    2011-08-29 10:36 PM
    After restoring to a custom firmware (I had to put the phone into dfu to install the firmware) I got out of dfu mode by going into Redsn0w and choosing the justboot option. This kicked it out.
    2011-11-05 07:05 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD