Hey guys, I have a question and I'm wondering if anyone can help

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 back when jailbreakme first came out. I saved my shsh thankfully. I did a few upgrades, but when I went to 4.3.3...my wifi started getting spotty and wouldn't hold my house network. I went to the Apple store twice trying to get a replacement (I also have a few pther issues and a bad home button and despite showing them videos of the button not working, they couldn't replicate the problem and won't give me a new one...yes, I even paid for Applecare) and they formatted the phone back to stock twice and told me not to restore the old backup. It got a little better with the wifi issue, but not much.

I decided to go back to 4.2.1 since 4.3 ruined my battery life (10 hrs tops doing nothing but texting, anything else 6-8 hours on a full charge) and the battery got MUCH better. Since I went back though, my wifi only connected the first time I tried for about 30 minutes. In the last two days I can't get it to connect at all. I know it works as my Android, my girlfriend's Android, and my two computers all connect fine. I reset the Network Settings on my phone, and did a hard reset on the phone. Still it won't connect.

Has anyone gone back to a previous version of IOS and had problems with their wifi? I'm not looking forward to a third trip to the Apple store (its about 80 miles from here, and gas is expensive) to argue with them over a replacement again. I'm trying to find out if there's anything else I can do...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    2011-08-07 03:41 AM
    ur Wifi is just going out and im guessing it went completely out and its a shame that even though u got a warranty and Applecare , but keep in mind if they feel u have jailbroken ur iPhone they can say ur warranty is voided , so never say anything about shsh or jailbreaking inside an Apple store its a big NO NO ,
    just go in there with a fresh restore of 4.3.5 and say hey my wifi is not working im not leaving until i get a replacement or u fix this one !
    and give them some hassles til somebody does something even talk with a manger ! cos honestly i think thats bulllsh*it that they wouldnt replace the iPhone the first time around !
    best of luck !
    P.S. its not a software issue !
    2011-08-07 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the response. My wifi is back on, but not holding a steady signal. Whenever I try to download a larger app it always shuts off halfway through the download. Facetime drops a lot as well.

I'm going to try again to return it when I get a chance to go near an Apple store. I just wish there were more stores, gas is expensive these days. and...whenever I go into the store I play dumb. I always do a fresh restore the night before so it's the newest OS.

Duh, what's a jailbreak???
    2011-08-08 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD