iPhone 4 on 4.1FW and BB 01.59.00 on prepaid T-Mobile.
    Have problem calling and receiving,generally shows 1 bar but if shows more than one as soon as i touch it the bars disappears.
    Anyone knows if upgrading to a different firmware will give better reception ?
    And also please if can give some details on how to upgrade,like stock firmware first or direct custom firmware.
    Thank you in advance for any help
    2011-08-11 04:09 PM
    The firmware version doesn't control that. The baseband does if anything. I haven't heard of any problems with reception in regards to maintaining the 1.59.00 baseband for iPhone 4 users. You're sure that it is the iPhone 4 and not your general T-Mobile coverage that may be lacking?

If it isn't the carrier's lack of coverage causing you the headache, you may need a restore just to verify the device isn't acting up anyhow. Restore or upgrade requires SHSHs. If you don't have any saved, you can't upgrade or you'll get stuck withs tock 4.3.5 and likely an upgraded baseband. However, you can get iFaith and save SHSHs for 4.1 since that is the fw you are currently on now. That way you can perform the restore to 4.1 to see if the problem persists, without getting stuck up on 4.3.5, jailbreakless and unlockless
    2011-08-15 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD