Hey Folks,

I have been unlucky trying to find information regarding, unlocking or "cracking" 1.1.1

I am currently on 1.0.2 but I would like to upgrade so that I can start changing my themes on my iphone.

Can someone kindly let me know if 1.1.1 is unlockable? If so, what are the tools that I need and the steps to follow?

Thanks again folks - just wanted to ask you experts before doing anything.
    -Joey
    2008-03-20 11:38 PM
    Yes 1.1.1 is unlockable, but can take some time to do, need wifi to do it, if i was you i would go to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 more info in Guides section or www.iunlock.no has great guides on all upgrades and methods to do so.
    2008-03-20 11:46 PM
    Hi,

Yes, 1.1.1 is unlockable.

Read the forum on ZiPhone........I've used it twice.....works great. There is a version for Windows and one for Mac. Check "downloads" section of MMi.

Why upgrade to 1.1.1 and not 1.1.3?

Good luck.
    Don't be shy, it's ok to hit that THANKS button.
    2008-03-20 11:47 PM
    Why upgrade to 1.1.1 and not 1.1.3?
    Hey

Uhmm 1.1.1 cuz my iTunes only says that.. have a look..

Ok so ... which is better & easier

1. Ziphone
    2. iunlock.no

?

Thanks.
    -Joey
    http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/3/20/f_neweststsm_cb09d96.jpg
    2008-03-20 11:55 PM
    You can download what ever version (eg 1.1.3) you like and upgrade to it using shift pc and restore button itunes,, Ziphone would be by far the easiest.
    2008-03-21 12:05 AM
    Hi Joey,

First off, LOL.....

ZiPhone or iUnlock? I've only used ZiPhone......whichever one you use, I would definitely read on it. ZiPhone was soooooo easy for me...but then again, I was only jailbreaking.

1.1.1 was pretty cool for me...

Second thought, stick to 1.1.1 because one of my 1.1.3 phone can't run Customize until I find a "new" patch for it.

Make sure that you are on 1.1.1 before you jailbreak/unlock using ZiPhone or iUnlock.

Best of luck.....

P.S......please don't forget to hit the "thanks" button when others have helped you.
    2008-03-21 12:06 AM
    How to "Virginize" the iPhone to repair the baseband?

Ignore all long and complex tutorials - I have set up a fully automatic script that will repair the baseband. This script will work on any baseband version, but will not work on phones with new bootloader (out of the box 1.1.2). It will not run on 1.1.2 firmware either, you need to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.0.x before running.

You would want to virginize if you upgraded to 1.1.1, and have 0049xxx IMEI. Check this in Settings → General → About.

Virginize instructions:

Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never
    Start Installer and update it if it asks. Tap on Sources, Edit, and Add http://i.unlock.no/ as a repository.
    Make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed. If it's installed it's listed in "Uninstall", if not listed, tap on Install and goto the System category and install it.
    Now, install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will take almost 10 minutes to complete.
    When done, restore your phone to get 1.1.1 firmware reinstalled (this is not necessary if you are going to upgrade to 1.1.2)
    When phone has been restored, you can Activate and unlock as normal.
    OK so I have an unlocked 1.0.2 which means I have to follow the "Virginizer"...

Question - when I click on restore, do i love all my contacts & ringtones and so on?

Let me know?
    Thanks?
    -Joey

First off, LOL.....

ZiPhone or iUnlock?
    hahaha I know! Sorry, I should of clicked the links before talking the ****

P.S......please don't forget to hit the "thanks" button when others have helped you.
    I will most deff click it when I finish asking my dumb questions that is hahaha

-Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-21 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-21 12:11 AM
    Joey, Joey, Joey.......LOL.....

You're tooo funny.

Make sure you restore to 1.0.2 thru iTunes first before you upgrade!!!!! To be safe, I would manually un-install all your 3rd party apps thru installer that way when you do the restore, there is no remainder of any apps. For instance, when I restored my 1.1.1 before my upgrade to 1.1.3, I didn't un-install Make It Mine, when I restored....my name was still where AT&T should have been. From what I've read on one of the forums, that could happen because of Installer.

By the way, when you restore, you WILL lose all your 3rd party apps....not ringones if you got it thru iTunes (paid), contacts should be ok because it's synced to your computer.....(don't know about Windows since I'm using a Mac).

Well, good luck.
    2008-03-21 12:31 AM
    YO dude!

Thanks for the comical compliments dude! Im uninstalling 3rd party apps now and restoring in iTunes... so after I restore in iTunes, can I just press the Upgrade button?

Trying my best to understand all of this hi-tech stuff fellas

-Joey
    2008-03-21 12:45 AM
    Restore button, and shift button on your pc at same time(if you are using a pc) then select the FW you have downloaded and want to use!
    2008-03-21 12:52 AM
    Im using a MAC...

Quick question now when i was doing restore... it said "restore & upgrade" so I prssed it and then it said upgrade to 1.1.4 so i cancelled it.. how can I get 1.1.1?

_joey
    2008-03-21 12:55 AM
    get it from downloads section, at top of page! go to Firmware
    2008-03-21 12:57 AM
    OK so when its downloaded what do I with it? Cuz it's a .ipws? How do I get it on the iphone?

Thanks again
    _Joey

btw: I marked the both of u with a THANKS hopefully you'll continue to help me out
    2008-03-21 01:06 AM
    Once downloaded, Hold down Option/ALT key select restore in itunes and a window will pop up the select the .ipws you just downloaded and itunes will do the rest
    2008-03-21 01:13 AM
    Ok Joey,

Here's what you do.......after you un-installed all 3rd party apps

1. plug iPhone into iTunes
    2. hold ALT button and click RESTORE
    3. find the 1.1.1 firmware and click on that
    4. it will now extract the file and restore (actually upgrade) to 1.1.1
    5. let iTunes do its thing.....activation, etc.....
    6. after your phone is activated and synced to iTunes, run ZiPhone?
    7. Let it do its thing......make sure you give it time
    8. After, it will connect itself to iTunes and sync again....let it finish before you unplug/eject from iTunes

9. Congrats.....you're done......enjoy!!!!!

2008-03-21 01:18 AM
    THanks again fellas (i also clicked the Thanks button again) hahaha

So im going to let this fireware download, cuz my net connection is a little slow and tomorrow morning I'll do what you fellas suggested!

So expect a harassment msg by tomorrow morning

-JOey (good night folks)
    2008-03-21 01:22 AM
    A pleasure Joey.......lol.

Glad I can help.
    2008-03-21 01:28 AM
    Hey guys,

Here's what my Itunes is saying.

Here's what my iPhones is saying (took the pic in photoboot so it's mirrored)

"Activation iPhones"
    connectto iTunes

Incorrect SIM
    Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate phone.
    To be honest I've always had that sim... so what do I do next? I'm following these instruction PRIOR to ZIPPHONE, is that correct? Am I on the right path?

Bypass activation and prepare phone for software installation

Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
    On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
    Answer the call, and tap on Hold
    Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
    Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is i.unlock.no. Tap Save.
    Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs. This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
    Now, press the home button, and again, slide for emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, i.unlock.no
    Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Tap on Tap here to jailbreak your iPhone
    Phone will return to activation screen and after a few seconds the phone should restart.
    If the phone does not restart after waiting a full minute, please make sure that you have your phone connected to the computer and try again.
    When the phone starts again, it should no longer say slide for emergency, but rather Slide to unlock It means it was successfull! Activation is now bypassed, and phone prepared for software installation! (If you are going to use an AT&T SIM, you won't need to do the next step.)
    Thanks.
    -Joey

Ok the cool thing is...

now that i did those steps, iTunes accepts my iPhone and the front screen doesn't say "ACTIVATION iPHONE"

The only message I am getting is: Incorrect SIM: This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM.

Im trying to launch ZIPPHONE but it doesn't launch.. just opens and closes... Im on a MacBook Pro Intel???

-Joey

Uhmm... I know im posting a lot of messages (not bumping my topic) just writing as I progress with this "unlocking"...

So all went good... I got through everything... when I loaded the ZIPPHONE, i selected only (UNLOCK) cuz i followed the manual steps of activating and prepare for ZIPPHONE. So while I was in Ziphone, I clicked on UNLOCK any sim in the ADVANCED and press "START" but than a screen came up here it is.

I waited a little but nothing happened so what I did was I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in... and than the screen went into black and started to write "codes".

Now I'm trying to restore, so that I can restart from 0 (hopefully). So i went into iTunes and ALT clicked RESTORE and selected 1.1.1 but here's the error im getting.

What should i Do?
    -joey

-----UPDATE--------

Ok so what I did was I restored it (refurbished) in Ziphone and than I unlocked all.. so I have 1.1.1 now the only thing I'm missing is INSTALLER for iphone...

So i went to jailbreakme.com and downloaded the APPSNAP which now i do see the installer on my iphone

So, let's see if this works out... im ganna test my phone do some calls & sms and stuff like that... hopefully all is good!

SORRY FOR ANNOYING EVERYONE!
    -Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-21 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-21 09:55 AM
    Did you get it working?
    2008-03-21 10:08 AM
    Yup!

Now that i got working... i have a question.. basically the reason I upgaraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 so that I could install cool themes... now, when i go to the installer to install SUMMERBOARD, it tells me I need 1.1.3 in order for the summerboard to work, which is a piss off

So i did a google search for other themes, and I found this: http://www.5ubox.com/how_to_install_iphone_themes.html

Now, this tells me to manually install summerboard 1.1.1 - so I try to log into the sftp, which isn't working for me although Im doing everything right

So, what do you think I should do?
    -Joey

so I try to log into the sftp, which isn't working for me although Im doing everything right
    Ok so thats' fixed now

Next & final questions is - how can I get summerboard installed... when I try to install in the installer, it tells me it needs 1.13 fireware? Is there a way to manually install it?

-Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-21 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-21 11:06 AM
24 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD