Hi,

What is the best way to activate the phone 4g with 4.3.4 or 4.3.5?? ITunes reads "there is no sim card installed in the iphone you are attempting to activate". I cannot get past the itunes logo screen with the "slide or emergency". I really dont want to jailbreak since it tethered at the moment.

So, please tell me how I can access the iPhone and get to the springboard at this stage (bypass the "there is no sim card installed in the iphone you are attempting to activate" in itunes).

I tried with unactiavted att sim card,,,didnt work...but it did work back in the days i rmbr...
    2011-08-15 09:06 AM
    Without jailbreaking/hacktivating, you would use the iPhone's official carrier's SIM to activate. If an AT&T SIM didn't work, you should verify what carrier the iPhone is locked to if you don't already know. The only reason I can think of if an AT&T SIM doesn't properly activate is that it is not locked to AT&T but another carrier.
    2011-08-15 10:38 AM
    it was an official At&t phone...the i guy i bought it from was using it with att so there's no doubt..
    when I inserted an de-activated att sim i tunes will take to me to a screen where i have to type my att number n my social security number n stuff in order to activate...there's no other option that I cant skip these or do it later
    2011-08-15 08:07 PM
    Oh... The phone is reported lost/stolen. It wants the original owner's info.
    2011-08-15 09:22 PM
    sure??? i have face this issue on multiple devices recently...n then i end up doin jailbreak even tho if i didnt want 2...since i had no other option to by pass this activation thing...im sure not all of them phones were stolen
    2011-08-15 10:26 PM
    Generally that's what I have seen. Maybe you'd like to try another SIM card. It wouldn't ask for SSN unless something is up, my personal experiences have shown me. But I could be wrong I suppose.
    2011-08-16 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD