I have a 3GS with 4.0.1 (8A306) and 05.13.04 modem firmware.

How can I update to the latest possible firmware to use certain apps that require 4.2 and not loose the modem firmware that allows me to unlock and jailbreak? I am not very savvy at this AT ALL and need a tutorial or a good description to get me through this.

Thanks very much in advance! Tim
    2011-08-16 07:08 AM
    Restoring to custom firmware is what you want but you must have 4.3.3 shsh blob.
    2011-08-16 07:35 AM
    Restoring to custom firmware is what you want but you must have 4.3.3 shsh blob.
    Thanks for the quick reply but I have no idea what a 4.3.3 shsh blob is, what it does, or where to find it.....or how to restore to custom firmware. I am a boiler guy with an iPhone that uses 48" wrenches for a living. I really am not educated or knowledgable about any iPhone jailbreaks or unlocks or shsh blobs. I used the tutorial at iclarified to JB/unlock the first time a year or two ago since it walked me through the process step by step. Sould I just go online with the local classifieds and find a kid who will do it for. $50?
    2011-08-16 07:58 AM
    If your iPhone is currently jailbroken , go to cydia front page and look at the top in green letters, it should tell you what you have.

Or download latest tiny umbrella, plug iPhone in and click save shsh. Look under general tab after saving shsh. Do this save shsh on both check and uncheck under request shsh blob from cydia.

The cydia icon is on your iPhone

If you have 4.3.3 shsh blob, then you can restore to 4.3.3 to use jailbreakme.com 3.0 to jailbreak. So now the first thing is to see if you have the blob.

Snowbreeze 2.7.3 will create a custom firmware of 4.3.3
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-16 at 08:26 AM.
    2011-08-16 08:07 AM
    If your iPhone is currently jailbroken , go to cydia front page and look at the top in green letters, it should tell you what you have.

Or download latest tiny umbrella, plug iPhone in and click save shsh. Look under general tab after saving shsh. Do this save shsh on both check and uncheck under request shsh blob from cydia.

The cydia icon is on your iPhone

If you have 4.3.3 shsh blob, then you can restore to 4.3.3 to use jailbreakme.com 3.0 to jailbreak. So now the first thing is to see if you have the blob.

Snowbreeze 2.7.3 will create a custom firmware of 4.3.3
    Sooooo...

I downloaded snowbreeze 2.7.3 as I did have the 4.3.3 shsh blob on Cydia. I also downloaded the 4.3.3 restore IPSW and believe it was sent to itunes. When I ran Snowbreeze it took me through the process and said all was good to go and just do a shift & restore but I don't know what to look for in that window. Help please?

THANK YOU!!!
    2011-08-17 01:54 AM
    Sooooo...

I downloaded snowbreeze 2.7.3 as I did have the 4.3.3 shsh blob on Cydia. I also downloaded the 4.3.3 restore IPSW and believe it was sent to itunes. When I ran Snowbreeze it took me through the process and said all was good to go and just do a shift & restore but I don't know what to look for in that window. Help please?

THANK YOU!!!
    Almost there! Just need a little guidance. Thanks in advance!
    2011-08-17 06:04 AM
    Almost there! Just need a little guidance. Thanks in advance!
    Was I supposed to update through Itunes to the very latest IOS (4.3.5) THEN downgrade to 4.3.3?
    2011-08-17 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.