I used redsn0w on my phone and the only 2 apps I installed the day the app went missing was SBsettings and infinifolders. I have removed both of those apps since then but it has not returned my beloved maps app to the home screen. I've tried everything I could find online and have run out of ideas.. Resetting the home screen layout does not work, the app is not on any of the pages or inside any folders. The only way to access it is through spotlight search and it comes up as maps~iphone.app instead of just maps.app

I also tried using iFile to modify the name of the displayname and executablename but changing those two along with the folder to maps.app still did not fix the problem (it made it worse because obviously there's something else major I need to change to keep the app running and change its name).

If anyone has any idea how to reinstall maps or change the name back to maps.app successfully I would really really really appreciate it!!

THanks in advance
    2011-08-19 05:29 PM
    I guess a restore would be your only solution.
    2011-08-19 06:41 PM
    A respiring may bring it back.
    Without SBSettings, I'm unaware how to force a respiring
    2011-08-19 07:02 PM
    ^winterboard
    2011-08-19 07:05 PM
    +1 Unfortunately the OP only had two apps installed
    2011-08-19 07:07 PM
    i have winterboard and other apps.. I just said I only downloaded 2 apps the day the maps app went missing . Anyway I've tried a respring using winterboard and it didn't bring the app back, still has the same name unfortunately (maps~iphone.app). I also tried plugging my phone into iTunes to do a restore but it won't let me, it says "this iphone could not be restored, device is not eligible for the requested build".

I also should mention its running 4.3.5 and I followed the tethered jailbreak steps for redsn0w (uses 4.3.4 firmware). I think that is what's messing up my restore option in iTunes.
    2011-08-19 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD