Hi Folks,

I've searched for ages with no luck finding anything to help resolve my issue. Here's the story:

I have an iphone 4 on 4.3.3 that I jailbroke with sn0wbreeze a few months ago (preserved baseband so that I could unlock). I wanted to sell the iphone, so needed to wipe all content and settings off the phone. I tried the option in settings on the phone itself, but after a full day, it was still on the same screen - apple logo with spinning dial. I tried this several times and it never wiped anything.

So I thought the only other way to restore, was a restore via itunes. When I created the custom firmware (4.3.3) with sn0wbreeze and put into pwned DFU mode, itunes was then giving me error 3194, when it was at the verifying with apple stage at the start. I tried removing the gs.apple.com from host file and opening tiny umbrella and changing the settings for hosts etc. still didnt work. then I tried running TSS server and managed to get past that stage, but the restore failed at the very end with error 37. Then I just keep getting error 1600 when trying to restore.

Next thing I tried was to start TSS server and run iREB before trying the restore. This actually got me the whole way through the restore to the point that itunes said it was complete and was going to reboot the iphone, but then it said it was in recovery mode again :-( Any idea how to get out of the pwned DFU mode?

If I was to restore to 4.3.5, is this likely to get the phone going again? Won't have an untethered JB, but at least it will be working. I'm assuming that I'd lose the unlock as well? If I did restore to 4.3.5, would I be able to restore back to 4.3.3 and JB, if I have my SHSH blobs saved? Is there any way to check my ECID to see if I have my SHSH blobs saved, with the phone in pwned DFU?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    2011-08-31 01:42 PM
    My suggestion... NEVER ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTING VIA SETTINGS!

Yes, If you restore to 4.3.5 you will be able to get the phone going again. And if you have saved your SHSH blobs, you should have no problems downgrading. To get your ECID while you in recovery mode can be done. Heres a method I've used in the past:

~Put your device into Recovery Mode:
    ~Open iTunes and connect the iPhone via USB.
    ~Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. (you device will turn OFF and then ON)
    ~Continue holding the both buttons until your iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
    ~Download ECID Grabber from here: difrnt Blog Archive ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber
    ~Run the ECID Grabber and hit Get ECID button. Then copy and save your ECID from ECID Grabber.

Hope this helps!
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air
    2011-08-31 02:38 PM
    I'm just about to restore to 4.3.5 and then try to go back to 4.3.3, but is there any way I can preserve my baseband? I have it preserved so that I was able to unlock with ultrasn0w on 4.3.3.

Cheers
    2011-09-01 01:30 AM
    To preserve your baseband : two ways
    First : restore to custom fw of 4.3.3 using TSS server with 4.3.3 already downloaded in TU
    Second : restore to stock firmware of 4.3.3 using TSS server, use fix recovery43 to kick out error 1013. Two files must be in the same directory.
    2011-09-01 02:25 AM
    That won't work as my phone won't come out of DFU mode after restoring to 4.3.3, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Restoring to 4.3.5 failed, while running TU/TSS with "update baseband" unticket - I got error 1013 and I don't want to try without preserving the baseband.

I tried the steps listed on the TU website to downgrade to 4.2.1, JB with greenpois0n and preserve baseband, but greenpoisn just says JB failed each time

Might try to update to 4.3.5 without preserving BB and see if that works (as much as I don't want to lose my BB).
    2011-09-01 02:43 AM
    Finally bit the bullet and restored to stock 4.3.5 - worked first time, but obviously my BB updated I take it there's no way to downgrade my BB, even if I restore to 4.3.3?
    2011-09-01 04:34 AM
    I thought you said you have 4.3.3 blob.
    fix recovery43 should work, a standalone exe file, if first time doesn't work , restore again to stock 4.3.3 get error 1013 and apply it. Don't use fix recovery from within TU .
    If you tick update update bb , it should work but bb will be 04.10.xx
    fix rec43 will not work with 4.3.5

Downgrade to 4.3.3 with shsh blob to use jailbreakme.com 3.0
    2011-09-01 04:36 AM
    Yes, I should have my SHSH saved, but my question is, if I downgrade to 4.3.3, will my BB also downgrade, or will it stay on the newer BB?
    2011-09-01 02:07 PM
    No, bb is still 04.10.xx , the bb for 4.3.3 is the same as bb for 4.3.5
    2011-09-01 07:17 PM
    What if I was to downgrade to 4.2.1? Would my BB downgrade?
    2011-09-03 12:55 AM
    No, it will stay at 04.10.xx .Baseband once upgraded , it cannot be downgraded
    2011-09-03 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD