Hello everyone!
    I'm newbie and this whole jailbreak/unlock/upgrade is getting pretty confusing for someone like me - a complete rookie. Here's my question:
    - I have JB and unlocked 3gs on iOS 4.1 and BB 6.15. Is it possible to upgrade it and if it is - how? I don't have SHSH blobs from previous unlocked firmware because the phone was in this state when it came to me.
    Basically, no special complains about it except short battery life (less than a day with all those fancy services and networks switched off). I know this issue might be caused by upgrading to 6.15 and I have tried to fix it with Push Doctor but no result (some weird errors occurred in Push Test...) and with several other methods with same result - no result at all! I know some newer versions could fix battery drain issue but not sure which one is right for my model and its state.
    I haven't tried SAM method because it was too confusing for me to figure out what I am allowed to deactivate, what will happen to my unlock, etc.
    BTW, I'm not sure if the phone was activated with official carrier SIM or not (it came to me with official but outdated SIM card).
    I would appreciate all kind of help, suggestions, tutorials or anything what could help me clear this mess and to pick right direction to fix that battery issue. Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge on this matter!
    2011-09-05 11:07 PM
    Sorry, no upgrades/downgrades/changes are possible without iDevice + iOS version unique SHSH blobs.
    4.2.1 requires a 4.2.1 blob, 4.3.3 requires a 4.3.3 blob, etc, etc
    2011-09-05 11:17 PM
    Thanks Mes! Somehow I saw it coming... OK then, one problem solved. And what about SAM push fix method? Should I go for it or in my case it could end up with bricked device?
    2011-09-06 08:06 AM
    SAM will not brick your phone if you don't select deactivate without having an official sim. But it also is unlikely to help after other methods (like Push Doctor) have been tried. If it was activated with an official sim (even a non-active one) and it worked, nothing else is required. You're done. SAM (and only SAM) work for those without one.

You can try it and see if it helps. I've never used SAM and can't help with the options. The defaults work for many. A restore might be necessary get it all working perfectly.

Personally, I would borrow, beg, or buy an authorized SiM from the carrier the phone was locked. It saves a whole lot of future problems.
    2011-09-06 08:24 AM
    I have an official SIM and I believe the activation was made with it. So, let's say it's not a push notification to blame for such a short battery life. Guess it leaves me with only one option to try - a new battery...
    BTW, you have mentioned "4.2.1 requires a 4.2.1 blob, 4.3.3 requires a 4.3.3 blob, etc, etc" and I'm not quite sure if I understand this (correct me if I'm wrong): To make an upgrade to, let's say 4.3.3, I need SHSH blobs of my actual, 4.1 iOS version? And it allows me to make an upgrade, then to save new SHSH blobs, then JB, unlock etc...?
    Is there maybe some kind of tutorial on this issue for dummies like me? And I mean "step by step" kind of instruction or explanation... Because usually there's too many infos and terms on the forums which I'm not so familiar with and I feel like I was circling around for days and still couldn't figure out what can or cannot do. Until I left this post... Anyway, you've already helped me a lot, thank you once again! Have a nice day!
    2011-09-06 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD