let me get this clear...
    My iphone is in "slide for emergency/emergency call/plug to Itunes logo" mode, and the rebooting has stopped.

You want me to use F0recast FIRST, right? Sorry, but this time I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.
    2011-09-08 05:35 AM
    Emergency call screen is stock restored waiting activation. It's ok to run F0recast ... it checks current version, bootrom, etc. Use the new (or old) bootom results for the next step. Run redsn0w and click one (1) option: 'install cydia'.

Now you're jailbroken, at the home screen, nothing installed.
    Test that for awhile to make sure it's solid and doesn't reboot.
    2011-09-08 05:42 AM
    Hi there,

The Iphone was in "Emergency call screen" for a long time, not rebooting at all. Everything was fine.
    I installed Forecast, went well.

It said: my serial number
    baseband: N/A
    Bootloader: N/A
    Model: MC555
    Jailbreakable: YES (With greenpois0n)
    Unlockable: Upgrade to iPad BB

iPhone 3G(S) running iOS: 4.1. (8B117)

Then, I run redsn0w and clicked install cydia. I tested it for awhile it does reboot
    It always reboots just after the "Restore Needed" message appears
    2011-09-09 03:20 AM
    The phone is good before jb'ing, but after a redsnow jb it's bad.

I'm a bit stumped. Jb'ing shouldn't cause any problems. Maybe someone else has an idea.
    Except for a hardware problem, can't think of any way to help.
    2011-09-09 03:26 AM
    NOTE: I checked "YES" when redsnow asked if this was a newer (fixed) model of the Iphone.

Was that a mistake. My serial number starts 86129Q... and according to that, I have to check ''NO"

it also says: CAUTION: If you have a newer model you don't correctly identify it here, you will likely need to do a full official restore to fix the mistake.

That would be probably it

If that's my case, how can do a full official restore?
    2011-09-09 03:31 AM
    The 3rd digit is the year, 1=2001, 4 and 5 week #=29'. You answered correctly with yes.
    2011-09-09 03:34 AM
    Hi there,

For some reason, I tried to restore it to 4.3.3. using Itunes. Now it is in recovery mode (the iTunes logo and the usb conection) but it's not "emergency calls mode" just the recovery mode. What should I do now to restore it? someone told me it can't restore to custom fw of 4.3.3, so I want to restore it to 4.1
    2011-09-09 03:18 PM
    All restores must have an iOS version SHSH blob, except for 4.1.
    Do you have an SHSH blob for 4.3.3? If not, then chose 4.1.

Remember, you restored 4.1 earlier in this thread. Do it again the same way.
    2011-09-09 03:48 PM
    I used redsn0w 0.9.b6b
    I restored to 4.1
    After the "jailbreaking" image in the iPhone screen, it gets the "please wait..." several times, and this mode lasted several minutes

Please wait...
    Please wait...
    Please wait...

and then, it showed other processes, and it rebooted, and then the white apple logo.

then, "the iTunes and the USB plug" logo. Weird thing, it's a modern iTunes logo (iTunes 10 version logo)

That didn't happen in the previous restorations (two days ago).

Am I doing it wrong?
    2011-09-09 04:30 PM
    Force power-off the phone (Power + Home buttons for 6-8 seconds)
    A high-low sound should be heard on the computer.

Use redsn0w 0.9.6rc8, select iOS 4.1 firmware, select one (1) option: 'enter pwnd-DFU mode'
    .... follow the count-down timer carefully and enter pwnd-DFU mode

Restore 4.1 with iTunes
    If iTunes Error 10xx, use TU 'exit recovery'

Jailbreak w/redsn0w 0.9.6rc8
    Try using redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 and force power-off.
    2011-09-09 05:06 PM
    Got it.
    Now it is in the "emergency calls only" mode. Strangely the iPhone is not rebooting in this mode... umm
    2011-09-09 06:23 PM
    Waiting for activation ... . Try a new approach. Locate and find an authorized SIM. Install it and activate. At this point, more stock apple apps are running. Give it a few days to verify no reboot issues.
    2011-09-09 06:26 PM
    Now, what redsnow should I use?

6rc8?

6b6?

I talked to the person who sold it to me, and he said I should go to Apple and use the warranty, but I have to uninstall Cydia. How can I do that?
    2011-09-09 06:28 PM
    If you're taking it in for warranty. Restore iOS 4.1 like before and stop. Cydia is gone, it's not jb'n. You're good to go
    2011-09-09 06:32 PM
    wait... how can I get an authorized simcard? I bought it in the USA, and now I am in Colombia. I dont think I can use any simcard unless the iPhone is unlocked, right?
    2011-09-09 06:33 PM
    wait... how can I get an authorized simcard? I bought it in the USA, and now I am in Colombia. I dont think I can use any simcard unless the iPhone is unlocked, right?
    No. An AT&T sim is needed. Maybe your local shop will let you borrow one to activate or eBay is your friend
    2011-09-09 06:35 PM
    If you're taking it in for warranty. Restore iOS 4.1 like before and stop. Cydia is gone, it's not jb'n. You're good to go
    What do you mean by: restore it and stop? stop where?

No. An AT&T sim is needed. Maybe your local shop will let you borrow one to activate or eBay is your friend
    Thanks! AT&T simcard, I can get it. No prob.

Question: How can Install it and activate the simcard? just by inserting it?
    2011-09-09 06:36 PM
    . Question: How can Install it and activate the simcard? just by inserting it?
    Yes. Install the SIM, restore with iTunes. When it reboots iTunes will see the authorized SIM and activate.
    2011-09-09 06:39 PM
    hi there,

I inserted an AT&T sim card in the iPhone, nothing happened.
    iTunes said there is no sim card installed.

Regarding activation, I am afraid i can'd do it, since it needs wireless number and stuff.

Rebooting is happening again!!
    2011-09-10 08:27 PM
    It may be time to:

...I talked to the person who sold it to me, and he said I should go to Apple and use the warranty,....
    2011-09-10 08:34 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD