ok been trying for a week now. i have my shsh blobs in tu. i have edited my host for itunes. started tu server then put phone in dfu mode. itunes starts i pick my ispw file. it runs fine until i get error 1013. i have been reading that i should use a custom ispw. so i made one with snowbreze. start all over and now i get erro 1600. i know for a fact its in dfu mode the screen is black. and if do it the other way it goes on but i get error. now if i put phone in recovery mode i get error 20. i am running windows 7 64. i have no other machine to use. can i please get some help to downgrade this back to the the 4.3.3
    2011-09-12 02:50 AM
    I'm basically in the same boat as you are. Was jailbroken on 4.2.1 since January and happy with it, went to update something and got stuck in the bootloop. Restored to 4.3.5 so I could use my phone and now can't get back to 4.2.1 or anything for that matter. I got error 1013 and error 20, also. I'll be eying thing thread, good luck.
    2011-09-12 03:51 AM
    .. i know for a fact its in dfu mode the screen is black. ..
    Error 1600 is not in DFU mode. A black screen does not guarantee DFU, it could be off or in a loop.

Start with a forced power-off (Hold power+home for 6-8 sec)
    Use the custom firmware already built by sn0wbreeze ....
    Run redsn0w 0.9.6rc19 as admin, select one (1) option "enter pwnd-DFU mode"
    Shift/select restore w/custom firmware.

Edit: Don't forget you need TU + TSS server running if not restoring to the latest
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-12 at 04:17 AM.
    2011-09-12 04:13 AM
    i have just got fine fixed.

1. you will need the following. first you need the 4.3.3 shsh saved in tinyunbrela, and in cydia. also you need redsn0w, and a copy of 4.3.3 ispw orignal. and then you need a custom version of it. either make your own or download one.

2. first use redsn0w to put your phone into dfu mode. start the program and pic the un ultred ispw and then chose the last option boot into dfu mode only. once that is down close that.

3. start tu and make sure you have the blobs listed the hit start server.

4. start itunes, then **** enter chose the custom firmware and hit enter. it should finish with out any errors.
    2011-09-12 04:17 AM
    i have just got fine fixed.

1. you will need the following. first you need the 4.3.3 shsh saved in tinyunbrela, and in cydia. also you need redsn0w, and a copy of 4.3.3 ispw orignal. and then you need a custom version of it. either make your own or download one.

2. first use redsn0w to put your phone into dfu mode. start the program and pic the un ultred ispw and then chose the last option boot into dfu mode only. once that is down close that.

3. start tu and make sure you have the blobs listed the hit start server.

4. start itunes, then **** enter chose the custom firmware and hit enter. it should finish with out any errors.
    TinyUmbrella only has 4.2.1 and 4.3.1 saved for me. I know Cydia had everything though. I have a copy of the 4.2.1 firmware, but what's up with the custom firmware? I'm honestly clueless when it comes to making my own, so how do I know which copy to download? Also, I can DFU into my phone myself, correct? (Isn't that what all the home+power, etc is for?) So why the need for redsnow?

I've gone through other steps posted and nothing is working, I can't even restore to a "stock" 4.3.5 firmware anymore... My phone is useless.
    2011-09-12 04:50 AM
    you must make sure in advanced options you have synic with cydia is checked, after that restart tu, and select save shsh button. you should see it if its on there

next the only way i could get around the errors was to use a custom firmware. also i too thought i knew how to put my phone into dfu mode. just use redsn0w. you cant go wrong. now you will need to either make your custom firmware or just download it. i got it off of limerains website. thy had a option for it in there downloades. but you can make your own using snowbreeze.
    Last edited by helstar; 2011-09-12 at 05:02 AM.
    2011-09-12 04:59 AM
    Fixed my phone and I don't even totally know how to explain how... lol. I'm back on 4.2.1, re-jailbroken, and my phone is running smoother than ever, so it's all good. Thanks for the help.
    2011-09-13 12:33 AM
    Congratulations

FYI: The home+power dfu hoopla works 99.99% of the time. Sometimes after multiple failures a hard reset is necessary to clear old lingering junk. The 6-8 second home+power (or removing the battery) does this hard-reset.
    2011-09-13 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD