I recently replaced my iPhone battery because it stopped lasting through a day, even without excessive use/bad service areas. I was confused when I put a brand new battery in and it would still drop to 94% within 10 minutes of leaving the charger. I have my phone jailbroken, I've tried killing processes left and right, and I'm working my way through deleting packages that I've installed recently to see if one of them is the culprit. I'm curious if anyone else has run into this problem with the verizon iphone.

I have firmware version 4.2.6 (8E200) which is what the phone came with. Here's a list of my cydia apps:

activator
    afc2add
    airplane sbsettings
    apt 0.7 HTTPS method
    attachment saver
    autolock SBSettings
    Backgrounder
    BigBoss Icon Set
    biteSMS
    Categories
    Cydia installer
    Cydia Translations
    Erica Utilities
    Essential
    iFile
    IntelliStatusBarIcons
    iPod Widget
    iRemix
    iStrings
    libdisplaystack
    LibWeather
    LockInfo
    Mobile Substrate
    My3G
    MyVolume SBSettings
    OpenSSH
    OpenStreamer
    Rotation Inhibitor
    Safari Download Manager
    Saurik's Source
    SBSettings
    sbsettingstoggles
    Serious SBSettings HD
    SpringboardAccess
    SpringFlash
    Springflash SBSettings
    Springtomize
    Syncronicity
    Winterboard
    Yourtube 2

None of these were installed recently though =/

Any ideas?
    2011-09-16 05:20 PM
    Widgets, streamer are some some that will drain battery. I would uninstall those tweaks.
    2011-09-16 08:58 PM
    I'll give those a try tomorrow. The last thing I uninstalled (just before making this thread) was Youmail, the last of my recent-ish additions. I'll post back tomorrow evening with results. Thanks for the suggestions =)
    2011-09-16 09:11 PM
    So far it seems Youmail was the biggest offender. My phone makes it through the day again, woo. I just got rid of widgets and streamer, I'll see if that improves it even more.
    2011-09-22 04:30 PM
    It's usually one of the last 2 or 3 apps you've installed that does it. Phones don' just start using more battery life on their own... it has to be told to use more CPU cycles by a program.
    2011-09-22 04:44 PM
    I get that, but I jailbroke this phone on day one so it's possible that this whole time I could have been getting better battery life.
    2011-09-22 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD