Two questions, then the background info behind them.

1. Whats the fastest iOS version out right now for the iPhone 3G (4.2.1 is running too slow..)

2. How can I downgrade it without getting an error? (I tried twice, both times it got stuck in recovery mode and I had to restore)

Anyway.. I restored the iphone after it was stuck in recovery mode. After the recovery, I tried downgrading to 3.1.3. It got a bit through, then gave me an error and got stuck. I tried to take it out of recovery but it was stuck. So then I recovered, and tried downgrading to 4.0. That also got stuck, and wouldn't come back out. I recovered it, and now it's back on iOS 4.2.1.

Any way to downgrade without an error or it getting stuck again? I'd really like it to be a bit faster, but I guess 4.2.1 is just slowing it down. (I remember before 4.0 it ran smooth, now its choppy at times)

(P.S. First downgrade I used Shift and clicked "Restore", second time I used Shift and clicked "Update", both times finding according IPSW files)
    2011-09-17 09:24 AM
    When you restore to 3.1.3, you should be able to kick out error 1015 with exit recovery from Tiny umbrella.
    By the way, 3.1.3 is the best firmware for speed and performance.
    You can jailbreak 3.1.3 with redsnow 0.9.4 but browse to 3.1.2 ipsw .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-17 at 11:59 AM.
    2011-09-17 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD