I have a problem, me and my gf broke up and our phone plans were under her name, to get back at me she went and shut my line down and reported my phone as lost/stolen so now my iphone4 is blacklisted and i dont have a phone number or plan... I am thinking to switch to another provider but i just recently got this phone (about 3 months ago) and i really dont want to pay for another one when this one is in brand new condition, i never jailbroke it but i had a 3gs in the past that i jailbroke so i am familiar with most things...

My question is there anyway i can still use my iphone4 even if it was reported lost, what options do i have?

Thanks
    2011-09-19 01:07 AM
    Likely not. If the iPhone was purchased by her, under her name, it technically means she's the owner of the device. She would be the only person who can reverse it. I hear that even though the phone is blacklisted, it will work in another country. Perhaps sell it (if it belongs to you and not her...) out to another country where it will work and use the money to buy yourself another.

I'm not sure if all phones are disabled after being reported lost/stolen, but I know it happens. But if it is disabled, jailbreaking likely won't do it much good in terms of receiving any service on the device.
    2011-09-19 01:14 AM
    it is mine but the account is hers (she already had an account and she added another phone line to her account) but i paid her the phone to her while she got it for me... i live in canada if this helps...
    2011-09-19 01:45 AM
    As Annie said, if it was purchased in her name then it doesn't matter who provided the money.
    If the iPhone was purchased by her, under her name, it technically means she's the owner of the device. She would be the only person who can reverse it.
    2011-09-19 01:50 AM
    +1. You gave her money yes, but you don't have the authority bc your name wasn't the one used for the purchase, regardless of which country you're from.
    2011-09-19 02:10 AM
    i tried to look more into this and i was wondering is there ways to change the iphone imei ?
    2011-09-19 02:42 AM
    No. And, it's illegal !!
    2011-09-19 02:44 AM
    No. And, it's illegal !!
    i would rather buy an iphone 3gs and do it then just lose all the money i put on this iphone4... idk im just trying to minimize my loss i guess...
    2011-09-19 02:49 AM
    I totally understand where you're coming from. Been there, done that ... and regretted it later

Except taking her to court, there's not much else that can be done. Sorry.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-19 at 02:54 AM.
    2011-09-19 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD