Hi, posting this bc I thought I was fairly knowledgable about jailbreaking but I wasn't at all about downgrading & using TinyUmbrella.

My problem was that I wasn't using TU the "right" way. I didn't know you were supposed to select your device on the left & highlight the SHSH you want in the log list *before* starting TSS server.

May be obvious if you've downgraded before but I hadn't ever - only used TU to save blobs & fix recovery. After hours of failed restores & iTunes errors, it worked perfectly. Went from fresh restore of stock 4.3.5 to 4.3.3, opened Safari, went to jailbreakme.com & installed Cydia. SO HAPPY!!! I thought I might have to wait it out for untethered iOS5. Anyway just thought I'd post this for both others who have this problem & those trying to help them. Thanks to iYeow for your help today. Also, it was your reference to "do you know how to verify blobs in TU" question in another thread here today that led me to realize I wasn't using the program correctly, again many thanks for the help & expertise.
    2011-09-25 06:33 AM
    You are most welcome, we are always learning new things and the most important thing is you got it working and be happy
    2011-09-25 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD