I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I have an iPhone 3GS and it was jailbroken for me by a friend. I don't even really know how to do it. But I wanna try and start from scratch, and figure out how to backup all my data, contacts, photos, sms's, ect. pretty much everything on the phone. I then want to restore it to factory, and jailbreak it myself. I can figure out how to do the jailbreaking. What I can't figure out is how to save all my data correctly, without using Itunes, and make sure I don't loose any of my information. So can someone point me in the right direction? I need an idiot proof guide on backing everything up and restoring it to IOS 4.0 or something.

I eventually would like to be able to still use Itunes after this second jailbreak, if this is possible? Is it ok using Itunes to back up and sync after you've jailbroken?

Any information you can provide would be helpful! I am such a noob, and I am new to this site so if I am in the wrong place I am sorry.

PS I would really really love some help here. I've posted on several forums to no avail.
    2011-09-30 01:39 AM
    No help...awesome.
    2011-10-02 12:25 AM
    Moved to the correct forum, you should get some help
    2011-10-02 01:51 AM
    Thankyou!
    2011-10-02 02:00 AM
    hey man, take a look at this website HowTo: Manually BackUp Your iPhone | FSMdotCOM
    instead of ssh just download a program called ifunbox, actually heres the link ,i-FunBox | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch via USB
    if you need any more help lemme know, glad to hlepout where i can
    2011-10-02 02:23 AM
    hey man, take a look at this website HowTo: Manually BackUp Your iPhone | FSMdotCOM
    instead of ssh just download a program called ifunbox, actually heres the link ,i-FunBox | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch via USB
    if you need any more help lemme know, glad to hlepout where i can
    Hey, thanks so much for the response.

When I plug my phone up, and I open Ifunbox, it does not recognize my iPhone. Just says no device connected. anything I can do to troubleshoot this?
    2011-10-02 03:38 AM
    Have you installed open ssh yet ?
    2011-10-02 04:31 AM
    yeah i have installed open ssh
    2011-10-02 04:45 AM
    Go to Cydia and install afc2add and try again.
    2011-10-02 04:52 AM
    yeah i have installed open ssh
    hmm if ifunbox doesnt work i guess you can just follow the instructions on the original link i posted,in the fourth paragraph there are links to windows or mac tutorials on open ssh.
    2011-10-02 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD