Hi--

I've been contemplating going with ATT as my carrier for an unlocked iPhone I'm buying. It has no sim card of it's own.

I figured I would do this: Sign up with ATT and get one of their free phones. Use the sim card in the hacked iPhone.

Sorry for the n00bness, but I have no idea how all this works. If I put a Sony Ericsson or Nokia sim card in the iPhone -- will it work?

Or what is the right way to use ATT with a hacked iPhone?

Also, wont ATT know that I'm using a hacked iPhone?

Thanks
    VOLFIE
    2008-03-23 02:11 AM
    yes it will work....and att will not know that your using a hacked iphone...
    2008-03-23 03:11 AM
    Thanks -- you're really helping me to relax about doing this.

Can I just ask you, do I always have to keep the phone hacked if I'm on ATT, or if I just allow apple to update with the next iteration, will ATT find out then? And if I don't always keep it hacked, will any future update brick the phone?

VOLFIE
    2008-03-23 04:29 AM
    Basically when a new update comes out from Apple, it updates the phones Firmware which means that you're phone will automatically be locked again, and you have to wait for a new unlock etc... to come out. But thats due to Apple patching security holes in their firmware, not anything to do with ATT

ATT wont know at all that you're using a hacked iPhone and i dont think they'd care either, aslong as your using their service Regardless of what firmware you have, ATT wont know your on a hacked iPhone, so dont worry about it!
    Modding my iPhone since Feb 08! lol

If anything i say helps you, please click the thanks button!
    2008-03-23 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD