1. CAbdoctor's Avatar
    So I've been combing this forum for the past three days trying to come up with answer to this before I decide to create an account and post my problem.

    Recently acquired a 3gs. But here's the problem, the phone is stuck in recover mode and it's battery is about dead, shows <3% when plugged in. If I plug it in to a wall charger, it show the battery charge bar for a few seconds and then shows the recover screen logo. If I plug it into my comp, same thing. My comp did detect the phone once, but no longer will. It won't show up on itunes or TU or even give a usb recognition beep. Further, when trying to enter DFU mood, it will just restart back into recovery mode. I've successfully entered DFU several times with many other phones so I'm pretty sure it's not a case of me doing the procedure wrong. I'm at a loss for getting it out of recovery mode.

    Also here's the TU snap shot

    2012-10-22 01:07 AM
  2. Orby's Avatar
    My first inclination would be to replace the battery, if you think the diagnosis of a spent cell is accurate. iPhones start misbehaving when the battery can't hold even a modest charge.

    FYI, I've never had success entering DFU without a USB cord plugged in to the device, and the other end plugged into a computer (if you go the traditional route). Otherwise the phone will probably end up in recovery mode (like you've been experiencing).
    2012-10-22 02:03 AM
  3. CAbdoctor's Avatar
    I might try that. One question I have though, wouldn't a recovery loop prevent the battery from taking a charge. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that it would only allow it's self to be charged enough to turn on and go into recovery mode and then would stop accepting a charge. But I could be dead wrong on that.

    Yeah I was trying DFU mode while connected to my comp. No avail
    2012-10-22 05:48 AM
  4. iYeow's Avatar
    Why do you want to restore in dfu mode, you can restore it in recovery mode. Try it as it causes no harm.

    I suggest you restore to IOS 6.0 to get it up first and decide later to downgrade with your blobs.
    2012-10-22 05:58 AM
  5. CAbdoctor's Avatar
    Ok I'll try that. I guess now the big thing is getting it to connect
    2012-10-22 06:09 AM