Source: iPhone 4s Jailbroken on 6.1.2 (No SHSH), Locally backed up.
    Destination: iPhone 5 Jailbroken on 6.1.2 (No SHSH)

I have backed up iphone 4s to itunes, this is the source. I want to restore that backup to my new iPhone 5 which is jailbroken on 6.1.2, the destination phone. My question is that can I restore the source's data to destination phone without upgrading firmware or loosing the jailbreak on the destination? I dont seem to have the SHSH saved since cydia lost em all.

What can I do to move to the new phone and keep my data and all?
    2013-05-31 07:07 PM
    While you can restore your backup to your new iPhone 5 (either in the setup process on the phone if via iCloud, or via iTunes "Restore From Backup" if you have the backup on your local machine), I would not advise you do so--phones that use backups from other jailbroken phones tend to develop all sorts of weird issues, I've found.
    2013-05-31 09:45 PM
    Understandable but I wish to preserve my SMS history and game saves so I need to restore from backup. My question is still there, can I do a restore without upgrading or loosing JB?
    2013-06-01 02:57 PM
    Understandable but I wish to preserve my SMS history and game saves so I need to restore from backup. My question is still there, can I do a restore without upgrading or loosing JB?
    To answer your question with just one word: yes.

To (better) answer it with more words: "Restore" is one of those words that's dangerous to throw around without being specific...

You can restore from backup (right-click your device in iTunes, and click "Restore from Backup..." or "Set up from iTunes/iCloud backup" when setting up your iPhone for the first time) without touching your firmware version or jailbreak.

You cannot restore your firmware (hitting the Restore or Update buttons in iTunes) without upgrading your device's firmware and losing your jailbreak.
    2013-06-01 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD