I updated my jailbreak to the newer version and now cydia is all messed up dose not show my installed apps anymore how do i fix this is it possible to reinstall or reset cydia without having to restore my iPhone?
    2014-04-03 01:01 AM
    Updated your jailbreak? Not sure what you mean.
    2014-04-03 01:03 AM
    Oh ohh, this sounds bad.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-04-03 02:01 AM
    ^ perhaps ran evasi0n again. Not sure. If he's able, installing everything again may work. Odd one.
    I'd semi restore.
    2014-04-03 02:03 AM
    ^ perhaps ran evasi0n again. Not sure. If he's able, installing everything again may work. Odd one.
    I'd semi restore.
    How do you do semi restore?
    2014-04-03 02:07 AM
    use iLex Rat, there is a video on the page for instructions. Not sure it will work for you. Are you unable to install any tweaks/themes for Cydia?
    iLex Rat - Restore jailbroken iPhone or iPad back to original state
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-04-03 at 03:01 AM.
    2014-04-03 02:33 AM
    use iLex Rat, there is a video on the page for instructions. Not sure it will work for you. Are you unable to install any tweaks/themes for Cydia?
    iLex Rat - Restore jailbroken iPhone or iPad back to original state
    cydia works fine it just that all my installed cydia apps are not listed under packages anymore same with sources. This happened due to doing a rejailbreak to upgrade to the newest version.
    2014-04-03 04:04 AM
    I want to ask a couple of questions just for info please.

So if I understand correctly, you were jailbroken say with evasion version 1.2 and then reran evasion 1.4 or whatever the latest version is?

We're you having issues with your device?

Was there another reason that you decided that you needed to rerun the latest JB on top of your current JB?

2014-04-03 04:44 AM
    I want to ask a couple of questions just for info please.

So if I understand correctly, you were jailbroken say with evasion version 1.2 and then reran evasion 1.4 or whatever the latest version is?

We're you having issues with your device?

Was there another reason that you decided that you needed to rerun the latest JB on top of your current JB?
    I updated to 1.4 cause I though it would fix things but did not I though you could re-jailbreak on top of a jailbreak "upgrade' now I know you can't.
    2014-04-03 05:11 AM
    I updated to 1.4 cause I though it would fix things but did not I though you could re-jailbreak on top of a jailbreak "upgrade' now I know you can't.
    Cool bro, I'm just trying to get the full picture of where your at.

So how is your device running?

Did it bring it back to the original setup screens?

2014-04-03 05:19 AM
    Cool bro, I'm just trying to get the full picture of where your at.

So how is your device running?

Did it bring it back to the original setup screens?
    No I just reinstalled the apps doing a restore is time consuming.
    2014-04-03 05:35 AM
    Have you already reinstalled all your cydia tweaks yet?

Make sure that you install iLEX RAT from my sig below. That way in case you have trouble, you can do a semi-restore.

2014-04-03 01:07 PM
    If he's having issues it may be best if he did the iLex Rat restore like you suggested.
    2014-04-03 01:10 PM
    I can't restore my iPhone I get this build not eligible anymore looks like apple wants us to move to 7.1 but I did not I refuse to.
    2014-04-04 07:26 AM
    Google ilex rat and follow the directions if you are having issues. If not, at least install it.

2014-04-04 07:29 AM
    I did install that but I wanted to do a fresh restore.
    2014-04-04 12:44 PM
    A fresh restore is not possible seeing apple is no longer signing a jail breakable firmware. Your only option is to do a semi-restore through ilex rat.

It has 2 options, "restore" and "RAT" (Remove All Tweaks). I recommend running restore and then after you complete the Apple setup, then run the RAT option 2-3 times to assure all tweaks are fully removed. Them you will need to reinstall all your tweaks from Cydia.

This will take a little bit of time, but is the cleanest way.

2014-04-04 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD