Hi Guys

Im a long time member (since before this place was called modmyi) but was unable to recover my old account, so made a new one.

I have a jailbroken 6.X.X iphone 5.

Someone playing with my phone has run the erase all content and settings sending the phone into a spinning circle loop.

When i reboot the phone it loads up the old complete OS with all my settings and stuff for about 10-15 seconds then it trys to erase again and re-enters the spinning circle loop.

Is there a way to stop this process and use the phone as it was before, and not erase anything? I am happy to restore it with new firmware but i'd like to get all my photos and such off it first.

Any ideas?
    2014-09-25 05:30 AM
    No backup of it on iTunes I take it?
    2014-09-25 06:17 AM
    try safe mode?
    can you back up to icloud or computer?
    2014-09-25 06:17 AM
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    No backup of it on iTunes I take it?
    No, I recently had a laptop hdd die, it was on there.

try safe mode?
    can you back up to icloud or computer?
    Didn't use icloud for the photos because it was 50ish gb, and its too expensive.

What safe mode? I didn't know there was such a mode for iphone?
    2014-09-25 06:28 AM
    tried this:

hope it helps
    2014-09-25 06:39 AM
    tried this:

hope it helps
    Got it into safe mode but it still gos into spinning circle mode.

So close and yet so far! I can load up the pics but not enough time to get them off the phone.
    2014-09-25 07:24 AM
    Use iFunbox?

it may be a bad tweak & since you're using iOS 6.
    Use iLEX R.A.T to romove all cydia tweaks at once and still got your jailbreak.
    Last edited by Thai702; 2014-09-25 at 03:47 PM.
    2014-09-25 03:30 PM
    My take on whats happening is that IOS has received the command to erase all settings. However it cant do it because the phone is jailbroken, so it gos into a circle loop and fails.

Then on reboot the phone starts up as per normal because nothing has been deleted, but when it starts up its services one by one it realizes it has a command to erase so it starts it again, which then fails again.

So if i run a tool to delete all the jailbreak settings then my guess is that will allow the erase to work and the phone will be deleted. So what i really need is a way to somehow remove the service on start up that tells the phone to erase itself.

It's probably not really a hard thing to do, but i don't have the technical knowledge to do it myself, so im hoping and praying that someone else has come across the same situation and has some sort of tool/solution to deal with it.
    2014-09-25 03:51 PM
    However it cant do it because the phone is jailbroken,

So if i run a tool to delete all the jailbreak settings then my guess is that will allow the erase to work and the phone will be deleted. So what i really need is a way to somehow remove the service on start up that tells the phone to erase itself.
    it doesn't delete cydia, your phone would still be jailbroken.
    Last edited by Thai702; 2014-09-25 at 04:09 PM.
    2014-09-25 04:06 PM
    Sorry, but I can't recall anyone, who saved the phone in that situation, without complete restore...
    2014-09-25 04:16 PM
    If a complete restore is run is it possible to do some sort of data recovery on the photos?

Like, at home with some sort of software and not by sending to a data recovery center for $3000 lol

Thanks heaps for everyone's help too, its really appreciated.
    2014-09-26 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD