iv done full restores several times over the past 3 days now and the audio just stops working all together after a few hours later, zero audio from anything, but vibrating still works, and ipod stops working, you press play and it wont even start and movies say "playback failed"

whats the deal???
    2008-03-27 05:01 AM
    iv done full restores several times over the past 3 days now and the audio just stops working all together after a few hours later, zero audio from anything, but vibrating still works, and ipod stops working, you press play and it wont even start and movies say "playback failed"

whats the deal???
    What would help would be describing when the problem started happening and how you restored/jailbroke/etc.

Also, what firmware your on.
    2008-03-27 06:15 PM
    What would help would be describing when the problem started happening and how you restored/jailbroke/etc.

Also, what firmware your on.
    im on 1.1.4, jailbroken. the first time i did it with ijailbreak then it audio stopped, then i tried ziphone, stopped working again. i thought it was casue i was using my brother normal ipod headphones without teh mic built in, but last night it just stopped randomly, i downloaded BSD subsysystem, mobilemoney, and lockbox as downloads.
    2008-03-27 09:48 PM
    does it work with headphones on? when you increase the volume does it constantly say ringer (headphone)?
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button
    2008-03-27 10:38 PM
    This seems to be a common problem... If you search the forums there are lots of people with this exact same problem. Nobody seems to be able to give an explanation.

This has happened to me 4 or 5 times now in the last few months. Basically what happens is I go to make a call, or someone would call me, and there is no audio. I couldn't hear them through the regular phone, on speaker phone, or through a headset. Also, when I went into the ipod, I couldn't play music through the phone / headphones. There is also no "clicking" noise when using the keyboard, or locking / unlocking the phone. It was like the audio completely died on the phone.

I solved it the first couple of times by doing a restore. Then I realized I could solve it by using the "Reset all settings" function on the phone and just re-syncing through iTunes.

For me personally (other people might be different) I think the problem was related to 3rd party apps. In particular, BSD subsystems. On one occasion, to test this, I restored the phone and ONLY installed BSD subsystems... 3 days later no audio.

The last time it happened was about 2 weeks ago... I ended up restoring 1.1.4, using iPlus to unlock, and did not install ANY apps. I still haven't and now the phone has been perfect for 2 weeks.

Hopefully this will help you... good luck!
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!
    2008-03-28 01:17 AM
    i had perfectly working 1.1.4 and installed 1 game after that my iphone stopped making sound and now i cant turn it on and restore what to do?
    2008-03-28 04:48 PM
    This is been reported as a side effect to some phones being jailbroken/unlocked with ziphone. If you read the Troubleshooting documentation that comes along in the download from www.ziphone.org he tells you to do a reset all settings to fix it.
    2008-03-28 04:52 PM
    Take your headphones and plug them in and out 3 or 4 times
    2008-03-29 02:30 AM
    do a general> settings> reset all. This should work (side note: if you are on AT&T you will need to enter your Voicemail password, this is the 4 digit code you used before the iPhone) if not and the ringer is stuck on "headphones" use a little compressed air and blow it in the headphone hole, this has worked for me.
    2008-03-29 08:49 AM
    any other suggestions? it still doesn't seem to work...i think it has something to do with Ziphone and some programs installed via Installer
    2008-03-29 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD