I Just Got My Iphone And Used Ziphone 2.6b To Jailbreak + Unlock And Ihave Been Reading That There Are Somethings To Do First Before You Start Downloading Apps And Stuff.

1. What Do I Dowload First
    2. Do I Need To Disable The Itunes Automatic Ungrade Or Something I Read About That Too.

So Im Hoping That Someone Can Give Me A Simple Step By Step To For A Newly Jailbroken And Unlocked Iphone And Maybe We Could Make It A Sticky To Help Others Out Aswell.

Thanks, Chris
    2008-03-27 10:32 PM
    that "someone" you're talking about has given a step by step guide to half a million MMi users in here. Opening a useless thread like this to ask a question that has been answered a million times in the forums is only a waste of your time and our time. Just use the goddamned search button for this simple task.
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3
    2008-03-27 11:08 PM
    What should I put in the search because I could find what I was looking for??

Ok if this stuff is already on the forum can someone help me out with a link to the right thread. I have searched for hours and cant seem to find what im looking for. Also that first reply was uncalled for, Im not stupid ofcourse I used the search first, Im not a noob to forums just new to Iphone hacking and like I said I searched and could find what I was looking for so maybe you could use your time to be helpful and not hurtfull
    Last edited by chr_mar; 2008-03-28 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-28 12:55 AM
    I Just Got My Iphone And Used Ziphone 2.6b To Jailbreak + Unlock And Ihave Been Reading That There Are Somethings To Do First Before You Start Downloading Apps And Stuff.

1. What Do I Dowload First
    2. Do I Need To Disable The Itunes Automatic Ungrade Or Something I Read About That Too.

So Im Hoping That Someone Can Give Me A Simple Step By Step To For A Newly Jailbroken And Unlocked Iphone And Maybe We Could Make It A Sticky To Help Others Out Aswell.

Thanks, Chris
    First thing after you're in the phone is to go into installer, queue up all the packages in installer under "Sources", and let it refresh. Then go down to "System" and install Cydia (well, before you install Cydia you might want to go into preferences, make sure you are connected to wifi, and set your auto lock to never). BE SURE TO READ THE POP-UP SCREENS DURING INSTALL!

After Cydia installs go back into "System" and install the "Fake BSD Subsystem" and then reboot the phone. After that you should be all set to install your favorite apps without errors. I personally only install Cydia for the BSD subsystem it installs and then everything else I use Installer for.
    2008-03-28 09:22 AM
    where can i get this Ziphone 2.6b ?
    2008-03-28 10:13 AM
    Here, google is your friend ..
    2008-03-28 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD